• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Square O Icon

Favorite Icon?

• Elite

• Square O

• Ellipse

• Static

Results are only viewable after voting.

Eastonatti

Oakley Enthusiast
Fort Story, VA
oakley_square_o_sticker_black_5inch_800_z1.jpg

"I heard a rumor" about the end of the Square O. Yes, doing away with the O of the Squared persuasion. This comes as less than preferable news, as nearly all of the product I like sport the Square O Icon; be it apparel or eyewear.

This concerns me a great deal in regards to future releases. I'm not sure how this was a solution to whatever problem Oakley decided needed fixing.

Apparently, Oakley is trying to get away from keeping a specific logo/icon for different lines of apparel/eyewear. There will be no obvious distinction between Lifestyle and Performance, or Unisex or Women's.

Imagine every item under one Ellipse.
Imagine Batwolf icons being giant Racing Jacket icons.
Imagine Square O Hard Cases being Ellipse in shape.
Imagine your Square O Icon'ed frames with an ellipse on it? Looks like a women's frame doesn't it? Kidding, but it looks strange, I'm sure.

I'm sure there's no turning back from the decision for Oakley, but I feel that if I'm not the only one who will miss it, we should reflect on our favorite products that carry the Square O and campaign for its continual presence by attaching the hashtags #SaveTheSquareO on social media forum; instagram, facebook, Twitter, etc.

Otherwise, enjoy your Ellipse Icon... Cause that's all that'll be left according to "rumor".
oakley_square_o_sticker_black_5inch_800_z1.jpg

Last edited:
If you hold a poll for favourite icon, you have to expect them not to be influenced by the thread title - if only people who favour the square O are to read the thread why have a poll?!

I like the square O, I have plenty of Holbrooks, but I voted for elite.... because it's my favourite of the options offered. Would have gone jet intake if that was an option.

If you hold a poll for favourite icon, you have to expect them not to be influenced by the thread title - if only people who favour the square O are to read the thread why have a poll?!

I like the square O, I have plenty of Holbrooks, but I voted for elite.... because it's my favourite of the options offered. Would have gone jet intake if that was an option.
Oooo what's the jet intake???
[Edit] I looked it up, that's actually kinda cool. Didn't know the absence of an actual icon had a name if it was merely a 'vent' in the shape of an icon. X-Metal style.

Last edited:
The square o icon is a great logo, so was the static o icon, which I miss, they like to change logos, but one thing is for sure it will be replaced with something just as cool!

Back