1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Eastonatti

Eastonatti Oakley Enthusiast

Square O Icon - oakley_square_o_sticker_black_5inch_800_z1.jpg
    "I heard a rumor" about the end of the Square O. Yes, doing away with the O of the Squared persuasion. This comes as less than preferable news, as nearly all of the product I like sport the Square O Icon; be it apparel or eyewear.

This concerns me a great deal in regards to future releases. I'm not sure how this was a solution to whatever problem Oakley decided needed fixing.

Apparently, Oakley is trying to get away from keeping a specific logo/icon for different lines of apparel/eyewear. There will be no obvious distinction between Lifestyle and Performance, or Unisex or Women's.

Imagine every item under one Ellipse.
    Imagine Batwolf icons being giant Racing Jacket icons.
    Imagine Square O Hard Cases being Ellipse in shape.
    Imagine your Square O Icon'ed frames with an ellipse on it? Looks like a women's frame doesn't it? Kidding, but it looks strange, I'm sure.

I'm sure there's no turning back from the decision for Oakley, but I feel that if I'm not the only one who will miss it, we should reflect on our favorite products that carry the Square O and campaign for its continual presence by attaching the hashtags #SaveTheSquareO on social media forum; instagram, facebook, Twitter, etc.

Otherwise, enjoy your Ellipse Icon... Cause that's all that'll be left according to "rumor".
    Square O Icon - oakley_square_o_sticker_black_5inch_800_z1.jpg

Last edited: 3/12/15
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

If you hold a poll for favourite icon, you have to expect them not to be influenced by the thread title - if only people who favour the square O are to read the thread why have a poll?!

I like the square O, I have plenty of Holbrooks, but I voted for elite.... because it's my favourite of the options offered. Would have gone jet intake if that was an option.

MarsRover likes this.
  3. Eastonatti

Oooo what's the jet intake???
    [Edit] I looked it up, that's actually kinda cool. Didn't know the absence of an actual icon had a name if it was merely a 'vent' in the shape of an icon. X-Metal style.

Last edited: 3/12/15
  4. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

The square o icon is a great logo, so was the static o icon, which I miss, they like to change logos, but one thing is for sure it will be replaced with something just as cool!

Eastonatti likes this.
  5. Eastonatti

Static Icon!! Forgot about that one!
    From what I hear, Oakley isn't replacing the icon with anything new... Just one Ellipse for everything.

OGfrog likes this.
  6. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Think of it this way.

"One icon" to rule them all.

7. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

8. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member