• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Square Wire 2.0 Aftermarket Lenses - Canada

gmason86

Oakley Beginner
Canada
Hey all,

Looking for some help/advice here.

My Square Wire 2.0 lenses recently started bubbling/peeling. They're the black iridium polarized lenses (as far as I remember they are iridium, but definitely polarized). I really haven't been a heavy user of these, but love them.

I'm currently speaking to Oakley warranty, even though they're obviously way outside of warranty. They are giving options like a % off upgrading because apparently they don't make replacement parts for the square wire 2.0 anymore, but I need to go to a store sometime to see if there's anything comparable I'd upgrade to. From what I've been reading though, the current square wires are bigger lenses and more square shaped. The closest is maybe the conductor 6 & 8. Does anyone have any insight there? I really like the square wire 2.0.

I was searching the forums and have seen some others with this mentioned (e.g.: Aftermarket lenes for my Oakley Square Wire 2.0 ), but unsure if my options are just if I'm in the states, which I'm obviously not (based in the Toronto area).

The best I've found is Revant optics, who sell via amazon.ca here. But looking on these forums, the feedback doesn't seem to be great from what I've seen. In the thread I mentioned above, there did seem to be talk of a forum member being able to cut OEM lenses. I also saw the forum member stated that he got them cut somewhere.

Looking for some help/insight here. I will go and check out the newer options to see if I'd consider the "upgrade" option Oakley are giving, but I do like my current ones and wondering what options I have.

Thanks!

Graham.

Once you reach the exchange(14 days and 15 posts), I have some OEM ones for sale. They're for the non spring hinge version. They fit the spring hinge but leave a tiny gap in the orbital on one side. Not sure which you have.

Anyway that's just an option if you didn't want to go with aftermarket.

Once you reach the exchange(14 days and 15 posts), I have some OEM ones for sale. They're for the non spring hinge version. They fit the spring hinge but leave a tiny gap in the orbital on one side. Not sure which you have.

Anyway that's just an option if you didn't want to go with aftermarket.
Possibly/probably a stupid questions, but how do I know if it's the spring hinge? I don't see any obvious springs, but maybe they're not somewhere obvious?

Is it the Black Iridium Polarized ones that you have? I'd like the same ones ideally. So these are just the original Oakley, unused lenses? Sorry for my ignorance here - haven't had to look into it before. Is it something you can tell me the cost of just now? Will help make up my mind what route I want to go down (upgrade/aftermarket/etc.). I would prefer the idea of authentic Oakley lenses, rather than aftermarket copy of them.

Would you be able to ship to Canada?

Thanks,

Graham.

When the arms are fully open, can you open them a bit more and let them bounce back? If so, Spring Hinge, if not, Non Spring Hinge.

Yes I have BIP as well as a few others. They are all new unused warranty replacement lenses from an Oakley dealer that closed. They don't have any box, just a foam pouch. The BIP are $80, others are $60. That includes shipping to Canada. Getting some cut will cost you around $40-$60 for donor lenses and $40-$45 for the cut. Aftermarket ones I think around $35-$45 maybe more for polar, not sure, never looked into aftermarket.

Hey,

Thanks for the information. Yep once I fully open them, I can push them and they bounce (or spring, haha) back. I guess I should have figured that one out. Looks like the are spring hinge then.

Do you have any pics of what they look like in the spring hinge version from front/back/etc.? You obviously mentioned a gap, albeit a very small one. Does it make it more likely to fall out?

I assume that is USD?

I guess it depends on how they look in the spring hinge version, and if it increases the chances of them falling out. I'm pretty certain I won't go aftermarket anyway.

Do you have any spring hinge replacement lenses? Am I going to have a much harder time finding them for sale?

Thanks!

Graham.

I'll try to get a picture. It will be tonight before I can though. I have no idea how they will perform though, the only reason I know they fit but leave the gap is I tried them in each frame to see which ones they fit. They didn't look like they will be loose though.

Yep all in murrican dollars lol

I can't remember seeing Spring Hinge ones for sale anywhere ever but then I haven't looked. There are a bunch of members here that have stuff for sale as well. When you can, post a WTB and you may find some. I have plenty so they'll be there.

Sure, tonight is perfect if you could post one please. If you still have the spring hinges, could you have a check to see how they feel in terms of being loose please.

Ok, I'll need to start posting some more, and then wait the 14 days too... One other quick question, 'WTB'?

Back