• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Square Wire 2.0 Aftermarket Lenses - Canada

That's why I suggested simply looking ... There no good answer

We all know lenses can be expensive or OEM are VERY few and far between (unless @Oakster has a stash ) AND even the rubbers are getting scarce ( and forget if if you wanted coloured rubbers ... It's black or nothin' )

BUT

New wires styling often sucks, the quality is questionable AND they don't last more than a few years for sale...so if OP wanted new lenses in 3-5 years he may be in the exact same position he is now ...

Maybe a Catch 22 kind of situation...
So what you're saying is he should just get some Juliets and be done with it!?

I already have a pair of Juliet's :) They're still in great condition!

I just really like the plain black pair as well, which is what my square wire 2.0's were. So I would like to replace them (either the lenses, or completely).

So are you saying the quality of the new glasses is not great? As I say, I'm leaning towards the Conductor 8 if I do get a new pair (not a fan of the new square wires!). Are we talking the quality of the lenses, or the frames... or both?

Thanks!

Graham.

So I tried on some over lunch today, and actually quite like the current wiretap.

Unfortunately Oakley are discontinuing that!!! I'm not having much luck picking :)

Graham.

So I tried on some over lunch today, and actually quite like the current wiretap.

Unfortunately Oakley are discontinuing that!!! I'm not having much luck picking :)

Graham.
I realize it's tough to get used too ... But have you tried O matter frames? A flak 1.0 and a Fives Squared were my next frames after my A wires ...

Oakley has shown little love to the wire frame in the past 5-10 years ... Deviation and Crosshair excluded ...

Yea, have taken a look but honestly I'm not a big fan...

I see there's also the carbon blade, albeit it's quite a bit more expensive (although with 50% off, it's not quite as much more expensive!). Would need to find somewhere local that stocks them. Then there's the thought of black iridium polarized vs the prizm daily...

Graham.

Yea, have taken a look but honestly I'm not a big fan...

I see there's also the carbon blade, albeit it's quite a bit more expensive (although with 50% off, it's not quite as much more expensive!). Would need to find somewhere local that stocks them. Then there's the thought of black iridium polarized vs the prizm daily...

Graham.
CB is a great choice ... They're delicate tho ... Daily Prizm is definitely the way to go...

Is the CB really worth the extra money? It's a fair bit more than something like the Conductor 8, square wire or wiretap? Obviously in terms of getting the best value from my 50% off, it's a good idea as I'd save even more! But that's not really the motivator, lol.

Delicate as in don't drop them? How much more delicate are they than something like my square wires, or the x metal Juliets (probably a bad example - they're sturdy!)?

Can you elaborate on the daily prizm vs BIP? I think you can see through the prizm from the outside (ie see my eyes), which is maybe a little off-putting. Difference between daily prizm polarized and BIP is only $10, so either would be fine.

Graham.

Is the CB really worth the extra money? It's a fair bit more than something like the Conductor 8, square wire or wiretap? Obviously in terms of getting the best value from my 50% off, it's a good idea as I'd save even more! But that's not really the motivator, lol.

Delicate as in don't drop them? How much more delicate are they than something like my square wires, or the x metal Juliets (probably a bad example - they're sturdy!)?

Can you elaborate on the daily prizm vs BIP? I think you can see through the prizm from the outside (ie see my eyes), which is maybe a little off-putting. Difference between daily prizm polarized and BIP is only $10, so either would be fine.

Graham.
Like everything... There are reported QC issues with a part of the stem coming apart. (Some kind of nut detaching)

Maybe @DrtyHarry can chime in a bit ... I'm sure he has the square wire ANd the CB's ... But I highly doubt the CB's are rugged by any means ...

I find DPP better than BI because its multi use lens ... It's also a contrast lens.

I can use it in early morning and late afternoon, in can drive through a tunnel or wear em in the rain or walk indoors without having to take em off ...

BI is a dark, grey (boring) based lens.

I did the contrast in DPP really soothing and easy on the eyes.

Since I've joined the forums I've definitely changed my style and lens choices a lot. Maybe you will too ...

As for the 'people will see my eyes' line ... Personally ...So what? I feel it's be a non issue unless you're looking at something (someone) you shouldn't.

Back