• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Square Wire 2.0 - Did Oakley make a version WITHOUT a spring hinge?

Vaapad

Oakley Enthusiast
I bought a pair of Square Wire 2.0s used off ebay. I already have several pairs in this style, just wanted another for some fun-colored lenses. The glasses I got look and feel real in every respect . . . except they don't have spring hinges.

Did Oakley make Square 2.0's without spring hinges? Is there an archive somewhere of all the versions of square wires that existed?

Yep they did. Spring Hinges seem to be a lot more readily available.

Truth. I had never even heard of this style without.

I'm a little concerned about possible fakes in this instance. Although the glasses otherwise look and feel real, there is no sku or "square wire 2.0" printed on either arm, even underneath a sock. Is that a dead giveaway either way, or is there another tell?

I've had both SH and non SH frames that have had the name on the arm and sku under the sock and some without. You can best tell by the feel of them. Fakes feel cheap. If you have legit ones, the comparison is easy. Most fake wires are plastic.

I know my SH Square Wire (Dark/BIP) had the SKU under ear sick.

The SH ones I have also have the sku under the ear sock. My first experience with non SH tho. The orbital screws are also in a different place, which photos and write-ups on O-review confirmed is correct.

Latest Posts

Back