• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Squeaky Style Switch

chargerman426

Oakley Beginner
I just picked up a Bob Burnquist edition Style Switch and for some reason the left arm (left if you where looking at them as you put them on your face) squeaks. I have a set of steel flag style switch and they are silent. Any idea why these are doing this and if there is anything I can do to fix the problem?

BTW I look forward to posting on her more, been lurking for a while and have over 20 pairs of Oakleys I've bought over the years.

Spray a little of the cleaning solution into the hinge and open/close it a few times. It should help or eliminate the problem. That said, some pairs are just noisy and will either break in over time or stay that way forever. Doesn't really mean there is anything wrong, it just happens from the plastic on plastic movement.

The cleaning spray worked! I wonder what will happen once the solution drys bur for now everything is quite. Thanks for the tip.

The cleaning spray worked! I wonder what will happen once the solution drys bur for now everything is quite. Thanks for the tip.
In my experience the cleaning spray trick worked for a couple weeks of daily wear, long after the solution had dried.

Back