• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Standard Issue Confusion

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

I been looking to buy a standard issue flak jacket only because I wanted a matte black. I then saw a thread by stating they don't allow Si discounts. So am I allowed to post to buy a set? I am not trying to get a discount just obviously a good price not over inflated. I see them on the bay ranging from 119 and up. So am I or aren't I? If its not allowed then please lock thread as I am a rule follower.

Some people reacted to this post.
If you're in law enforcement you qualify for the SI program. As does fire and paramedic, active duty military (can't recall on retired). The Boss has stated members are not to make threads seeking a proxy purchase through SI.

I am a retired leo. I am not looking for someone to order items for me on my behalf. I am looking for units that are already out there. So I get it now. What they were saying is people were taking orders and buying them at a discount and then selling them to non leos for their own profit yes? I am not sure where the line is on this as people can state they have a pair, enter into an agreement then order them then. I didn't realize they were a membership type pair I just thought they were glasses made for a specific function such as military and law enforcement.

I really don't even no what Si company is. They are real Oakley's yes?

Username Hidden said:
I really don't even no what Si company is. They are real Oakley's yes?
It's Oakley selling directly to military and law enforcement for 50% off standard retail. A substantial discount that people would obviously want to take advantage of. The SI program terms of use says the pairs aren't for resale, the program is a privilege to those who serve.

Oh ok. Well I will contact and see if I qualify even though I am retired. Ty for the info

Good news I went to the link you sent me and read the requirements. Seems I qualify so I registered. Will take a few days to verify me but oh man I can taste the Si's already and a few more goodies. Thanks for the heads up

Awesome news for you they have the coolest t-shirts on there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back