• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Standard Issue "Order Threads"

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

We have seen some of these SI "Order threads" pop up recently either with members asking for a SI member to purchase them items or the other way around. It is against forum rules to post these threads. Standard Issue is designed to give Armed forces, Police Officers, Firefighters etc. a discount that is well deserved. It is not a site that is meant to be exploited by members looking to get cheap Oakleys.

What you do in private is your business, but it is against forum rules to post these mass order threads on the forum. Any further ones will be deleted. If you own an SI pair and are looking to buy/sell/trade them that is fine, but any threads attempting to exploit SI will be deleted.

Some people reacted to this post.
I posted one of those threads. I couldn't give a good gosh darn about the discount. I want the Multicam Garage Rocks, which are not available on the Oakley website. Other things, like the Helo kit, are not available on Oakley's main website either, and still have practical uses. I understand your point, but if you automatically assume that it is exploitation to reach out to a select OF member to get an exclusive pair, that's unfair and wrong. Obvious intent in private or public to profit is wrong and should be handled, but not looking for a little help.

I know it's your house and your rules, and that's fine, but just sayin'.

nlgrav - I get it, and I'm in the same boat. But the Oakley SI TOS are pretty clear:

Participating in this program is a privilege and there are guidelines that must be followed. By using this site and participating in this program, you agree that you will not sell Oakley products to any individual, department, team or unit. You agree that you will not sell the Oakley products or divert such products for resale in any environment whatsoever, including but not limited to, the Internet, swap meets or flea markets etc. Please understand that the Oakley legal team prosecutes any and all abusers to the fullest extent of the Law.

This wording is a lot more straightforward than it was in the past.

I was part of a group order several years back when they had a $250 order minimum, and the rules were basically that you couldn't sell for profit. Which made sense, but the selection wasn't anything to write home about. The big draw was the 50% discount.

Now it seems they have this clause in there which basically limits the program to personal use. But the funny part is there is HUGE abuse going on, where people will buy out a new release and scalp the crap out of it on eBay. Helo kits are selling there for anywhere between $20 and $100. Someone listed a Laser lens for $250. Plenty of sellers have stacks of product they're hawking.

If it was available through Oakley.com, O Stores, Vaults, etc I'd have no problem getting what I want/need from them for normal prices. But they don't offer 2.0 rubber, ballistic lenses, Helo kits, basically the stuff I'm using. Sure, I'd like an SI hat or one of their awesome T Shirts, but I can live without it.

It's too bad, too. A lot of the SI-exclusive gear is the only thing Oakley makes that has any balls anymore.

Yep it sucks. I knew thats why u posted so I didnt try to call u out on it. Sell to the general public just without a discount

Just wait till they throw up the gascan that can stop a .22. You'll see it all again.

Username Hidden said:
Just wait till they throw up the gascan that can stop a .22. You'll see it all again.
Huh?

Nothing Oakley makes can stop a .22

Rustpot said:
Huh?

Just wait and see

There are plenty of legit, non-scam or eBay abusing sites which sell most of the SI available stuff to the general public. Many of the larger "tactical" firearm related sites that sell apparel and eye-wear carry it with no restriction (and no reduced pricing) as to who purchases it.

Username Hidden said:
Huh?

Not yet. But very soon

Username Hidden said:
There are plenty of legit, non-scam or eBay abusing sites which sell most of the SI available stuff to the general public. Many of the larger "tactical" firearm related sites that sell apparel and eye-wear carry it with no restriction (and no reduced pricing) as to who purchases it.

I saw a website that sells them, but its blocked at work for Firearms content. Will check it out when I get home...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back