• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Star Imprint On Frame - Question

i bet its just frames cast from different moulds. the star could signify a newer/replacement mould.

Dang it!

Is that all this is?

And here I thought all these random star imprints, spread sporadically through out the world, was some sort of alien communication which held the secret to the meaning of the universe ...

:sad:

mine too have star. and can someone tell me what model is this? i buy this from my friend and dont have much info about it. and i accidently wipe off the serial number when cleaning it. :( Thank you.

20170522_114834.jpg 20170522_114904.jpg 20170522_114916.jpg 20170522_115236.jpg

90% of fakes have the star, 90% of originals dont..
Going off what part side mentioned with the hinge numbering - I have antifreeze pair which have a number 11 & 12 in the hinge pocket (area he has circled idk the real name for it) coupled with the star imprinted frame. I'm confused if they are considered the 90% of fakes, or if they qualify as authentic pairs; did all antifreeze pairs come with a star?

mt7K57d.jpg

Last edited:
Going off what part side mentioned with the hinge numbering - I have antifreeze pair which have a number 11 & 12 in the hinge pocket (area he has circled idk the real name for it) coupled with the star imprinted frame. I'm confused if they are considered the 90% of fakes, or if they qualify as authentic pairs; did all antifreeze pairs come with a star?

View attachment 490740
Some did not all.. same goes with many other pairs that had that star. It was just the mold they are using at the time.

Going off what part side metioned with the hinge #'s - am under the correct impression that my Antifreeze pair with Left hinge pocket 11 and Right hinge pocket of 12 makes these part of the 90% of fakes?
Some did not all.. same goes with many other pairs that had that star. It was just the mold they are using at the time.
Ohhh kay, I think I get it now. So since I pose the correct possible #'s mentioned in the hinge I'm in the clear. An the star is just something some have and other's don't - so its normal that my acid collection pairs have the #'s he mentioned in that area but none of them have the stars, so yeah... I get it now. Thanks for the reply!

Back