• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Star Wars Discussion

Hmmm, got some new footage there...

Figures the Japanese version would have more droid stuff...
What makes you say that?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

So, I've mentioned before about wondering if this movie would be The Kid-appropriate, and possibly screening it in advance. Though at this point it's too late - she's so Star Wars obsessed and anticipating the new movie, I couldn't tell her now that she's too young to see it...

There are, however, some speculative spoilers I've run across that I initially dismissed as unlikely. But, with the new international trailer and some other stuff, I'm beginning to wonder if they might be correct, including one that could be pretty disturbing for The Kid...

You can show the spoilers I'm talking about by clicking the spoiler button below; otherwise I've hidden it for those who don't want any. If you don't want spoilers (even though they're speculative), DO NOT click on the button; I take no responsibility if you do...

Han Solo gets killed by Kylo Ren (new bad guy). Rey (new female lead) is Han and Leia's daughter. Kylo Ren may end up being her brother, Han and Leia's son.

Originally the idea of having the main good & bad characters as being siblings and offspring of the older characters seemed unlikely, too much wishful rehashing of original plot lines. But actually it's not too repetitive; the entire series has been about the Skywalker family and their dances on both sides of the Force...

What supports this?

- In one of the teaser trailers, Luke is voiceover-quoted from ROTJ talking about the force being strong in his family, with a cut to a scene that implicates Rey. With Leia being Luke's sister, her offspring would be part of that line, yet it lets them deviate from the direct-paternal line for some variety...

- The scene where Kylo Ren is talking to Vader's burned helmet and vows to "finish what he [Vader] started". Why would Kylo be so Vader-obsessed? Well, if he's Leia's son, Vader was his grandfather... I question whether that scene is with Kylo or actually his master Supreme Leader Snoke, which is why I'm less suspecting this one to be true compared to the others...

- The scene from the international trailer where Kylo threatens Rey with his lightsaber, holding it right next to her head. Why did he spare her? Because they're siblings?

- The scene from the international trailer where Rey's all crying. You can't see details but she could very well be crying over somebody's body. Her father's i.e. Han's?

So from the scenes it's starting to look more likely that Rey is Han / Leia's daughter and Han is killed by Kylo. Kylo doesn't have to be "in the family" to be an effective bad guy and do all that stuff, but if he does turn out to be her brother and kill his own father, that would add to the characters...

But can The Kid handle seeing Han Solo get killed? So far whenever a good guy dies, he turns into one of those "force beings" so I've been able to play that angle with her. But this would be different...

Last edited:
So, I've mentioned before about wondering if this movie would be The Kid-appropriate, and possibly screening it in advance. Though at this point it's too late - she's so Star Wars obsessed and anticipating the new movie, I couldn't tell her now that she's too young to see it...

There are, however, some speculative spoilers I've run across that I initially dismissed as unlikely. But, with the new international trailer and some other stuff, I'm beginning to wonder if they might be correct, including one that could be pretty disturbing for The Kid...

You can show the spoilers I'm talking about by clicking the spoiler button below; otherwise I've hidden it for those who don't want any. If you don't want spoilers (even though they're speculative), DO NOT click on the button; I take no responsibility if you do...

Han Solo gets killed by Kylo Ren (new bad guy). Rey (new female lead) is Han and Leia's daughter. Kylo Ren may end up being her brother, Han and Leia's son.

Originally the idea of having the main good & bad characters as being siblings and offspring of the older characters seemed unlikely, too much wishful rehashing of original plot lines. But actually it's not too repetitive; the entire series has been about the Skywalker family and their dances on both sides of the Force...

What supports this?

- In one of the teaser trailers, Luke is voiceover-quoted from ROTJ talking about the force being strong in his family, with a cut to a scene that implicates Rey. With Leia being Luke's sister, her offspring would be part of that line, yet it lets them deviate from the direct-paternal line for some variety...

- The scene where Kylo Ren is talking to Vader's burned helmet and vows to "finish what he [Vader] started". Why would Kylo be so Vader-obsessed? Well, if he's Leia's son, Vader was his grandfather... I question whether that scene is with Kylo or actually his master Supreme Leader Snoke, which is why I'm less suspecting this one to be true compared to the others...

- The scene from the international trailer where Kylo threatens Rey with his lightsaber, holding it right next to her head. Why did he spare her? Because they're siblings?

- The scene from the international trailer where Rey's all crying. You can't see details but she could very well be crying over somebody's body. Her father's i.e. Han's?

So from the scenes it's starting to look more likely that Rey is Han / Leia's daughter and Han is killed by Kylo. Kylo doesn't have to be "in the family" to be an effective bad guy and do all that stuff, but if he does turn out to be her brother and kill his own father, that would add to the characters...

But can The Kid handle seeing Han Solo get killed? So far whenever a good guy dies, he turns into one of those "force beings" so I've been able to play that angle with her. But this would be different...
You sweaty nerd.[/spoilers]

Latest Posts

Back