• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Star Wars

my oldest son is 5 and he loves Star Wars, he would love to see the new Episode and isn't afraid of all.

If you ask him which side he prefers he will always answers "the darkside", because the costumes are looking much better ;)

Also he has a lot of Star Wars toys, one he gifted to me and since then it´s my lucky charm ;)
image.jpeg

I ordered The Kid a pretty kick-ass lightsaber for x-mas. At first I was getting the cheap plastic kids toys, but she wanted different colors and stuff and it was turning into a set of six of them. Which reminded me of my criticisms of The Wife overbuying stuff last year, such as 10 barbie-esque Disney princess dolls, and in quantity the price started adding up.

So I thought, why spend that much on a bunch of crappy plastic toys that will likely be broken by this time next year? So I cancelled / returned them and ordered a single more-expensive-but-much-higher-quality saber. Machined aircraft-grade aluminum with a polycarbonate "blade", customizable full sound effects (turn on/off, swing, clash, lockup), light effects on blade for flash-on-clash, lockup, and pulse which are also customizable; I can change the "blade" and related effects to any color with a USB connection and a minute or two on the computer. And the polycarbonate "blade" can handle light to medium dueling no problem. Kid sized, but can be upgraded to a larger size pretty easily.

This should last her forever, and if she grows out of it, it can become my toy... ;)

But in the meantime now I need to get another one for me... :(

Back