• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Steampunk Mars

thanks guys.

although polishing the earstems/nosebridge might improve on the over-all look of the piece, i'm not sure it would be consistent with the steampunk theme.
as for the distressed/antique look, i was hoping regular use would help achieve it. i actually made a conscious decision not to refinish the earstems/nosebridge to keep the already existing scuff marks.
i'll wear them out for you bro...

I think if you were to polish the stems and bridge but then blue them with a blowtorch, that would still fit with the steampunk theme.

i'll wear them out for you bro...
it's going to be converted to full brass per new owner's request.

I think if you were to polish the stems and bridge but then blue them with a blowtorch, that would still fit with the steampunk theme.
I'll probably do a full blue/purple frame instead. just need a frame. anyone? :D

put the polish hammerstem arms of your romeo1 or XX, you can have a look of the finish if they blend together or not
tried it. xmetal still works best IMO.

great custom pair!
hope to see more custom pair experiments soon..
yes sir! watch out for more customs in the future.

thanks again everyone

it's going to be converted to full brass per new owner's request.

I'll probably do a full blue/purple frame instead. just need a frame. anyone? :D

tried it. xmetal still works best IMO.

yes sir! watch out for more customs in the future.

thanks again everyone

I am down for a purple one... I have a polished Hammarstem Juliet just for that

I am down for a purple one... I have a polished Hammarstem Juliet just for that
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413674178.088131.jpg

Back