1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Oakster

Oakster Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Anyone seen this? I got it from an Oakley rep in a big batch of stuff. The feel is the same as all the vintage Oakley stickers - the logo is very similar to X Metal. Just really curious if it has anything to do with Oakley or if it's just a random sticker that was mixed in.
    Sticker/Logo Question - AF553F7B-F75B-4475-954C-AA68CFC27DFD-47477-00000C094B81BE4D_zps6e432748.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

1 XCEL was the brand of hockey visors Oakley bought to get their foot in the door... or something like that?

They had a yellow #1 logo on the temple.

Best shot I could find;
    Sticker/Logo Question - 1Xcel_Clear_Half_Visor_Hockey_In_line_Skating-resized200.jpg
    Sticker/Logo Question - mar74l9AOzz_VRfc3Jvm-Yw.jpg

3. Oakster

Yeah, saw that while googling, but there must have been something before then as the sticker is from way before Oakley did visors. Maybe a project that never really got off the ground, then they reused the name or something.

4. Rustpot

How old is the sticker?

A little more digging and it looks likey Oakley filed for the 1XCEL name in '97/98

5. Oakster

Hard to say but I would guess around 2000 based on the yellowing and subject material it was with.

6. Rustpot

The 1xcel name was killed well before '05 for sure. I bought a lot of hockey gear in '05 and the 1xcel visors weren't on shelves, and NOS tends to stick around in hockey shops.

7. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

I have 2 bnib xcel clear hockey shields I got from a rep...Certainly legit