• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Still deals to be had...

Okay if someone bought that for 63 usd and sells it here for 300 is that scalping lol. Come on now we all know its a lot more worth than that. If it sells for 300 great it is what it is. All we collect here are investments as well. I mean i got a mars jordan for 425 matched box. Dont tell me im going to sell that for 450 of course NOT. The subject of scalping should not be even be an issue anymore most if not all scalp either you like it or not.

Okay if someone bought that for 63 usd and sells it here for 300 is that scalping lol. Come on now we all know its a lot more worth than that. If it sells for 300 great it is what it is. All we collect here are investments as well. I mean i got a mars jordan for 425 matched box. Dont tell me im going to sell that for 450 of course NOT. The subject of scalping should not be even be an issue anymore most if not all scalp either you like it or not.

That would not be scalping. Making a profit is not scalping. If a price is fair, it's fair; what was paid for it originally is irrelevant.

Buying up a limited item then turning around and selling it for inflated pricing when it cannot be gotten otherwise is scalping.

That would not be scalping. Making a profit is not scalping. If a price is fair, it's fair; what was paid for it originally is irrelevant.

Buying up a limited item then turning around and selling it for inflated pricing when it cannot be gotten otherwise is scalping.
Yup i understand that part, but still big bro scalping should not be an issue anymore. We all know that.

No way, I'm from the UK and i saw those on Gumtree, messaged the seller but they had already gone :-( Couldn't type fast enough when i saw them, great buy for whoever got them, lets hope its to a true Oakley fan, maybe someone on here...........

These are all great points.

If all parties can win then go for it! What I mean is if I get a pair of EW and it costs me 100 bucks then I can enjoy them, wearing them or not, until I'm ready to move on. So, if I then sell them for $200 I made a profit but this may be a steal for a guy that's thinks that EW is priceless and has money to burn. If he's willing to spend whatever it takes to enjoy the EW then why not? Everybody wins! :)

These are all great points.

If all parties can win then go for it! What I mean is if I get a pair of EW and it costs me 100 bucks then I can enjoy them, wearing them or not, until I'm ready to move on. So, if I then sell them for $200 I made a profit but this may be a steal for a guy that's thinks that EW is priceless and has money to burn. If he's willing to spend whatever it takes to enjoy the EW then why not? Everybody wins! :)

Agree, with one correction - in that case it's not scalping if $200 is a fair price in relation to the current market value for that pair.

But squeezing a guy for every penny he's willing to cough up for the pair, with no regard to current market value, would be scalping.

Back