• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Stolen Juliet's and mars. Please help

I wouldn't call the pawn shops. If you do they might just tell you no and then pull the item so as not to lose money.
The only hting you can do is go in and see if you can spot the items. The other things is before you do this check with the police about what to do if your items are located at a pawn shop.

In all seriousness, is your brother in any sort of trouble?

The police should be able to help track electronics. That thing signs on from any wifi it should be detectable.

Absolutely no. Neither of us are involved with trouble.

I wouldn't call the pawn shops. If you do they might just tell you no and then pull the item so as not to lose money.
The only hting you can do is go in and see if you can spot the items. The other things is before you do this check with the police about what to do if your items are located at a pawn shop.

Alright. I wish I had more knowledge about how to deal with this situation.

Time is of the essence. As time passes your chance of success decreases proportionately.
Did you find the serials, BTW?

If you think its the bums, they tend to hang out in a spot in town, go there and ask around, offer a reward.
I dont think its the best idea but you never know, just dont go alone.

Think about this by the viewpoint of the ROBBER. Where did you come into the house? Was it a window unlocked, a door unlocked, or something secured he got throught. If secured, how did it get opened? From the entry point, follow the progression of his movements. Did he have to pass by your brothers items on the way to yours? Were his items in plain view. You said he had valuable ones, but would a Bum know they are valuable. If a Robber or Bum, passed by your Brothers items, to get to yours and his were in plain view? That is starting to point in a certain direction. DO I need to say more. (Sorry) But if you do this and it can appear that there might not have been time when the RObber was in a hurry, to just pick yours and not his, then it possibly could have been someone that you guys don't know. We don't have all the specifics here, to try and help you. If you Answer the Who, What, When, WHy, and HOW part of the equation, then we will get somewhere and give you ideas to do. Some of these you have.
1. 2 hour time frame, That is pretty specific, so someone was watching for you to leave or it was someone you know.
2. Specific items, but typical IPAD, etc..... Now took only the valuable Oakelys but not the juliet. Was there an items withink hands reach of that Juliet? Was that Item taken? Is there any doubt that the Juliet was just missed? etc...........
3. How much does your brother's friends know about the Oakley's? Do any of them take a particular interest in them recently? The Ipad coudl just be a mask of taking the Glasses, and they were the real target.
This gives you a start of how to look at this. Answer some of these questions and think of some more, and you will make headway. Then maybe even pass this on to the Police, if you have a contact number.

Just trying to help, Hope this does. Sorry for your loss.

I just joined the group here and moved to the area. I look on CL all the time. If I see anything that looks suspicious, I'll let you know.
I just bought a pair of Ice/Plasma Juliet's the other day, but unfortunately the serial is different than the one you had listed.

Thanks everyone for the support. I ruled out any of my friends or people I know as suspects. I think the robbers took my expensive glasses because it was in a drawer with $100 bill and other valuables. They made the scene look normal so that i wouldnt know anything was missing until later on. I talked to my neighbor and he said that he saw homeless people at my place during the time of the robbery. He had approached them so that was what scared them off. I don't think these people have the intelligence to post anything on Craigslist or eBay. I pretty sure they just sell this stuff on the street or the black market. I will check pawn shops and keep tracking my iPad but I'm losing hope.

Man that's terrible. Especially on something not really replaceable. I hope they are recovered!

Latest Posts

Back