• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Stolen Or Fake C-Six?

pistolpetefan23

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
http://www.ebay.com/itm/380993792027?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2661&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

So this guy has had these listed several times recently but they haven't hit the reserve so far. It's hard to imagine someone having a C-Six and not knowing enough of what they had to list it properly. They went unsold without hitting the reserve for $411 earlier this week. This part of the description is a big red flag of course: " I WILL NOT TAKE PAYPAL FOR THIS. CONTACT ME FOR OTHER PAYMENT ARRANGEMENTS." None of his other listings have that caveat.

You have to think either he's got a fake, or they're stolen, right? But if he doesn't quite know what he has, why is the reserve so high? But if he knows what he has (hence the high reserve), why is it listed so poorly?

I sent a message last week asking why the transaction requires payment outside of PayPal, and to see what the reserve was, but got no response.

Something just doesn't seem right about these.

I messaged this guy and asked two questions, 1st if these are authentic oakley's and he said they all were. Next I asked why he didn't trust paypal and why he would list them so low, pointing out he had a pair worth almost 2000 dollars.

This was his response,

"I've had some bad experiences with PP; last time I sold some glasses, the recipient claimed they were scratched (they were brand new), and I got tagged. PP is a pain.

I know the front ones are worth 2k, that's why I don't want to do PP."

My guess is this is fake. The pics don't look very good and it looks like it's missing all the etchings. There is no way a real C Six would be sold without the case and plaque. I guess it could be stolen, but I don't know why that would make the person afraid of paypal. Also if it was stolen you would think the guy would have taken the whole case as 90% of owners have the case within inches of the glasses.

Anyway I would avoid this one, the risk far out weights the potential gain.

I just re-read his posting and he said he got all as gifts. I dont know who is giving out 1500 dollar gifts but that is fishy right there, and that implies they are not stolen if received as a gift which makes it even more suspicious that it doesn't have a case and plaque. Anyway those are my thoughts :)

Ask to see the inside of the earstems and that will tell you. The rubbers on the c six look fake to me.

The CF on the earstem looks off, with the flash of the camera I guess the CF should show the uneven color of it.

There's a couple of guys here worth tagging to check authenticity, but the pics are too crap to put them on the spot like that. Regardless of what he's selling, there's too many flags to worry about with this auction. Buy if you want, but if you do you should use a purchase and payment method that allows you to protect yourself.

If it's too good to be true, then it probably is. Caveat Emptor.

Or, this is a special score that has now been publicized to the entire forum... My money's on the former, but what the F do I know?!?!? :D

Illegal? No but it is against ebay rules to attempt to do the transaction outside ebay. You do not have to take Paypal as your form of payment though.

Latest Posts

Back