• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Stolen Or Fake C-Six?

Like mentioned above the carbon fiber does not look real. I have seen pairs before on ebay that look like this one.

That C-Six is fake. Inside the left earstem rubber, there is a "prototype" marking, which Oakley's authentic C-Six prototypes don't have. It's hard to tell from the terrible pictures, but the screws don't look to be the same as an authentic C-Six either. I would stay away from this one.

They are real. At least the C Six is. The rep sales sample (though not everyone got them) had the prototype markings on the earsock. While not a real true prototype as we know it, it is a good find.

That's interesting. I was advised a while back by a person supposedly very familiar with the prototypes, that the C-Six prototype was blank with no serial etchings or prototype etchings. The box of course has a prototype etching, and I saw pictures of a supposed prototype that looked real and did not have the earstem rubber prototype etching. I could only find the picture of the box though. I am interested to know what the true prototype looks like then, as I have been seeking one to add to my collection for a while.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410794696.855527.jpg

Yes, the beta titanium on these "prototypes" should have not etchings. It looks like the one in the auctions doesn't have etchings.

There are both versions of the prototype, one etched on the box plate and one etched on the earsock. Perhaps there is a version with both etching in one package, but I have not seen that firsthand. I have also seen fake/replicated box plate prototype etchings however. It is easy enough to replicate. I have not seen a fake earsock prototype etching yet, though in theory it should be easy enough.

The pair FMJFrank bought earlier in the year (the one as part of a set with the ballistic briefcases) had the prototype etching on the earsock of the Carbon Fibre pair.

The true prototypes are made out of resin and/or had differences from the final release. The other so-called prototypes like in the auction or what we're seen previously are exactly the same as the final release. Normally we'd call these things Sales Sample rather than Prototypes, but prototype just sounded cooler.

Last edited:
She looks very convincing on the inside of the ear stems the hardware and the forks look correct the carbon looks to be consistent with the cut of a real one and it's channeled correctly in the front frame but there is two things:

1. Why would prototype be in the rubbers and not stamped like a production one?

2. Why would HQ let a prototype leave?

I think the word "prototype" is being taken way too literally in this case. Like I said it is closer to a sales sample than a true prototype. Besides there are a number of fans that have gotten a hold of true SLA resin prototypes already. I remember some being shown in the O Review in various threads.

Latest Posts

Back