1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Riverrat33

Riverrat33 Oakley Beginner Premium Member

How do store displays make it to the Open market? I see some for sale and just wonder. Is it just stores closing and they sell them or what?
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Spenc

Spenc Oakley Collector Premium Member

Bit of both bro stores closing or just updated cases and old ones sold on
  3. knuckles

knuckles Oakley Beginner

We sell Oakley's at our store and fairly recently got 2 new display cases to change out our older ones. Right now the older ones are in storage their fate yet to be determined. But a lot of time the shipping of one is over $100 because they have to go freight, so they can be hard to sell for a profit to the company so a lot of the time the employees get first crack at them. If you are looking to acquire one your best bet is to buy local and establish a rapport with the retailer and eventually let them know you are interested in any of their display or merchandising material they are getting rid of. Unfortunately on some stuff their can be several people interested in a particular item and you can get put on the list or as we sometimes do literally a name in a hat.
    motoGP_fanatic likes this.
  4. xmetal

xmetal Oakley Beginner

I've gotten some from my store manager. The last one was from the Madman/Badman release and wasn't needed anymore, and HQ didn't want it back to she was just going to toss it. Instead of the garbage can it ended up in my office. :)

Store displays - oakleydisplay.png
    VolcanOG and BadDad320 like this.
  5. Hed568

Hed568 Oakley Enthusiast

Nice display