1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

Tags:
  1. nimer

nimer Oakley Enthusiast

I'm sure i should have done a search and i didnt do i'll be honest. so feel free to tell me i'm an idiot and do a search.

Any suggestions as to how people safely and securely store there spare lens's? atm i have a jerry rigged box which works but its kinda a pain in the behind.

I have about 20 sets of spare lens's atm. and would love solution that keeps my lens secure physically and categorised for better choice of words.

thanks in advance for help

p.s i'm thinking a fishing lure tackle box but there not that easy to find in australia in the size need and that only covers the part of storing and keeping len's seperate not actually protecting there coatings

Storing Oakley Lens's Particularly Juliet - zXDcK91.png

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Wicked

Wicked Oakley Expert Premium Member

Don't have boxes for any of them? I store mine in their original box or any other box (other lenses, rubber kit) boxes.

3. nimer

nimer Oakley Enthusiast

I do but my OCD kinda wants consistency. lol

counter to the logic knowing the manufacture of the lens based on the box would be nice but i would prefer my initial request

4. kayana photography bali

kayana photography bali Oakley Enthusiast

Storing Oakley Lens's Particularly Juliet - IMG_20150221_101544.jpg in my country humidity very high, so I put all spare lenses, my oakley at my camera drycabinet. so temperature, humidity etc will secure not only the lenses, but all the rubber, box etc. I do this method more then 5 year. and until now all in pristine condition

Last edited: 2/20/15
    Uxi likes this.
  5. kayana photography bali

this also can be alternative. only around 25$ and can be rechargeable

Storing Oakley Lens's Particularly Juliet - dry-box.jpg

OakleyFreak likes this.
  6. nimer

nimer Oakley Enthusiast

Can you expand on what you mean by ? Is that front unit a electric de-humidifier?

7. Uxi

Uxi Oakley Beginner

I was going to have a suggestion until I saw the quantities. :eek:

I got nothing, though. But jealousy.

nimer likes this.
  8. kayana photography bali

hi... @nimer the second image is dry box. it really hive good sealed, so it will not allowed the air in or out when we closed. in the front is electric de-humidifier. we can charge that and put inside the box. after indicator empty (blue color) we need to charge it again until red. then put back again inside the box. it's one package with the dry box.

DG85 likes this.
  9. nimer

nimer Oakley Enthusiast

AHHHH HANG ON when you say charge you mean. THat there are little circular silica balls in there that start our pink and once they turn blue they have been fully expended? you either put them in the oven to turn them back to pink or simply just buy new ones?

I think we had a bit of confusion through language translation :D

10. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Those are called desiccants.

I know, nobody cares... :D

Bronzefunk and discostu like this.