• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Straight Jacket Generation 1 - Corn Snake Frame (orangish-red)/silver Iridium Lenses

DarylEGold

Oakley Beginner
Has anybody ever seen the sunglasses described in the Title of this post? I have them, but I cannot find any information about them on the internet. I was curious about the value and how rare these things actually are. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Daryl

Very sentimental piece for me this as it was the 2nd pair in my collection bought as a gift by Gail back in 1999. Straight Jacket - Leather - Gold 04-047 was not hyped as a specific limited edition of exclusive, but like almost everything back then is now hard to find especially in complete and new condition. This came with the pic of the specific pair on the black box, and although available elsewhere, was deleted in the UK from Jan 2000 after being normally available for £149. I would suggest the current value would be above that price but I don't see a mammoth demand for any of the 19 original Straight Jackets, but for me personally I think the model is a masterpiece, and the Leather example the best of the group.

Will post picture on Saturday, September 1, 2012.

Post up a pic, might actually be called something else.

I am currently in Omaha, and the glasses are in south Florida. I'm headed that way on Friday, August 31st. I will post a picture on September 1st. Thanks for all the responses. It's great to know that there are people in this world with the same love for Oakley sunglasses as I have. Here I thought I was the only one.

Daryl

You are correct. Those are certainly them. They are in perfect condition. I actually have never worn them. I think they are gorgeous, but since they are so old-school, I cannot in good conscience, wear them. They feel like they could be worth a bit of money. Again, thanks for replying to my post. The information is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Daryl

Back