• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Straight Jacket Nose Piece Question

joby619

Oakley Beginner
San Diego
Does anyone know where I can get nose pieces for 1st gen straight jackets? Either regular or Asian fit. Any compatible swaps?

Thanks.

I don't think you are refering to the the Gen 1 Straight Jacket, the Gen 1 has no unobtainium nosebombs and was not offered in Asian fit. You probably mean the newer Straight Jacket II?

Thanks for the replies! I always thought my SJs were first gen, but they definitely have nose pieces. I was hoping that there was a compatible swap. I bought my SJ in 2007, how do you know if the are SJ 2s?

If you got them in 2007 new and they have nosebombs they are more than likely Straight Jacket II, the original Straight Jacket came out in 1996. You can try calling Oakley Customer Service for a new set of nosebombs, I think there is a thread on this (try a search).

Quick update:

Called Oakley and ordered a set of Asian fit and regular nose pieces. They charged me $3.00 per set with no shipping. Just glad I can use my Grey straight jackets again!

Can you post some pics? Before and after, so we can see the difference.

Btw ... to make sure which models you have -> o-review

Here are some pics showing the differences between the Straight Jacket/Scalpel standard nose piece vs. the Asian fit nose piece. The black frame has the standard nose piece while the white frame has the Asian. As you can tell, the Asian fit nose piece sticks out farther from the frame and is thicker, thus narrowing the width of the nose bridge. FYI, the standard nose piece is not inserted all the way into the frame since I normally have some Asian fit ones in there.

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

Here are some pics showing the differences between the Straight Jacket/Scalpel standard nose piece vs. the Asian fit nose piece. The black frame has the standard nose piece while the white frame has the Asian. As you can tell, the Asian fit nose piece sticks out farther from the frame and is thicker, thus narrowing the width of the nose bridge. FYI, the standard nose piece is not inserted all the way into the frame since I normally have some Asian fit ones in there.

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

Hi camakaze

Its my first time in this forum, would need some advice on your straight jacket nose piece. U mentioned that you actually have a standard nose piece over a asian one is that the case?
I have a straight jacket II I'm trying to find a nose piece to increase the height of my bridge. I find that even with the asian fit it still slips. any idea is there any way to raise it?
And where do you buy the nose pads replacements from?

Regards

Back