• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Strange Scalpel From My Local Vault! Help A Brother Figure These Out!

Eckstream1

Addicted to O
Reading, Pa
So I grabbed another pair of Scalpels from my local Vault...
They are Matte White/+Red... Marked OO9095-03

But the cross reference says they are supposed to be Matte White/Black Irid...
The Oakley Review - Glasses

So what is the deal here? Why did they come with +Red lenses? :blink:
They were in the closeout case and didn't come with a box...

utf-8BSU1BRzEyMTAuanBn.jpg

Attachments

• utf-8BSU1BRzEyMTAuanBn.jpg
    utf-8BSU1BRzEyMTAuanBn.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 194
It's called DE, or display eyewear. Generally sales samples. Since it rings up with the style name, "DE Scalpel", not with the colorway, a lot of times the staff will switch things to create different items. I've "customized" pairs out of their DE case before.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

It's called DE, or display eyewear. Generally sales samples. Since it rings up with the style name, "DE Scalpel", not with the colorway, a lot of times the staff will switch things to create different items. I've "customized" pairs out of their DE case before.

Ah... That makes sense.
Thanks for the help!

Pairs that are released like this are the MPH - Mister Potato Head. Made from mismatched parts.

Possible it was an MPH that wasn't made in enough quantity to get a MPH model#

MPH, or mister potato head, are rereleases of older pairs, generally always with non-iridium lenses. They stem from inventory of overrun lenses or frames. They are printed with mph on the frame. They always come with a box. What the OP bought was DE. I would bet their receipt had a DE Scalpel like item.

there was a post about this a little while ago. I think it was foleyness who asked what MPH was. i didnt know what it was either til then

cool purchase man, did it cost you 49.99 like in the website?

Na... They were $69.99

I was looking at them on the Vault website as I wanted another pair of Dark Grey/+Red (which they had for $89)... When I saw the price I asked the guy about the he said something about DE not being discounted and that they had sold out on the Vault page. :sad:

Back