• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Strap For X Metal XX?

David

Oakley Beginner
New Jersey
Hello, im new to the forum and this is my 1st post. I did a xmetal forum search for "strap" and came up empty. im an original (long time) owner of X Metal XX TiO2s. I'm looking for a good strap. Will the PRO M FRAME® SLASH® STRAP KIT fit? Any other recommendations? Thanks.

The M-Frame strap will not work.

Your best solution is to find an aftermarket strap. But to be honest, X-Metals really aren't the type of glasses you would put a strap onto.

They are if you jet ski with them. :) I currently use an old after market strap that has seen better days.
It's the type that uses rubber tubes to grip the ear pieces and has a slide on the cord to cinch close to the back of the neck.

I use split jackets. Way cheaper to replace and has wind jacket kit

They are if you jet ski with them. :) I currently use an old after market strap that has seen better days.
It's the type that uses rubber tubes to grip the ear pieces and has a slide on the cord to cinch close to the back of the neck.
That's essentially what the Pro M frame Slash Strap Kit is. The M Frame stems aren't too different than metals, it might fit ok. But I can't make any performance guarantees.

I've been jet sking and snow skiing with them since XX's were originally released. On a side note, I have to say, these sunglasses are incredibly durable. I've really been very active with them in all outdoor sports and the finish has held up incredibly well. My friends mocked me many years ago for spending so much but I'm quick to remind them that they have outlasted the many pair of inexpensive frames they have purchased since then.
When did Oakley stop selling the XXs?

That's essentially what the Pro M frame Slash Strap Kit is. The M Frame stems aren't too different than metals, it might fit ok. But I can't make any performance guarantees.

For $15 I'll give it a shot and let you know if they worked out ok. Maybe I'll just start out with a vigorous head shake in the shower. :)