• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Striped Head On Juliet Screw

Grind down the driver, as you grind it down the diameter will increase and the points will get sharp.now you will effectively ruin your driver but thats the price youll have to pay.i have one of these "ground" drivers I use for only stripped out screws.plan B......drill it out and retap with a 2-56 tap.

Wish me luck :) if I cant fix it they will def be going back

Hey selannefan1, how'd things work out? Get it out, give up, or still trying?

If you want, I can post some pics on how that Micro Grabit works - I still think that's your best bet if you want to remove it.

Hey all, so I slammed a shot of whisky, took a deep breath and went to drill. Realised I wasnt drunk enuf so took another swig... and then another 4 shots later I realised that I am actually attempting to drill a screw out of a hole through a straw (and ive never even hammered a nail before). Contacted the seller and he has offered a full refund. I AM SORRY O-BUDDIES.. I AM WEAK :(

Hey all, so I slammed a shot of whisky, took a deep breath and went to drill. Realised I wasnt drunk enuf so took another swig... and then another 4 shots later I realised that I am actually attempting to drill a screw out of a hole through a straw (and ive never even hammered a nail before). Contacted the seller and he has offered a full refund. I AM SORRY O-BUDDIES.. I AM WEAK :(

Ill drink to that!!!!:drinks::drinks::drinks:

At least it was still a happy ending. I actually had fun reading this thread. Kinda like a TV series you anticipate every week.

Too bad it didn't work out.
The last time I had a stripped T6 screw, I used a small small flat head screwdriver. A few turns was all it took.

need help with my romeo 2. broken stem bolt. see pics.. how can I easily extract those remaining piece.TIA
DSC_8070_zps2a3e8f68.jpg

DSC_8062_zps3387f836.jpg

That's going to take some drilling. Jesus man what happened to those.

Back