• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

stripped orbitals

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

.... Am I close??? o_O

Ok...here we go.
If your orbitals are stripped you can fix it with common tools in your home.I use a micro lathe but you can use a drill and a file.first you'll need a Juliet type arm screw.Chuck the screw in your cordless leaving the head protruding out the front of the jaws.while the screw is turning file the head down till it has the same diameter as a standard orb screw.the longer screw will grab the threads deeper in the hole and voilà.if the threads are damaged this is the only way to fix this kinda problem you can't re-tap if that diameter has been compromised.
Tell me what you guys think.it's worked for me on many different occations, just thought I'd try and help

Ok...here we go.
If your orbitals are stripped you can fix it with common tools in your home.I use a micro lathe but you can use a drill and a file.first you'll need a Juliet type arm screw.Chuck the screw in your cordless leaving the head protruding out the front of the jaws.while the screw is turning file the head down till it has the same diameter as a standard orb screw.the longer screw will grab the threads deeper in the hole and voilà.if the threads are damaged this is the only way to fix this kinda problem you can't re-tap if that diameter has been compromised.
Tell me what you guys think.it's worked for me on many different occations, just thought I'd try and help
Thanks for the info Mark, but to be absolutely honest, I'd rather pay you to do it bro, you know what your doing

Back