• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Stripped Penny hinge screw: Update

I wish I'd become a member of this site a few weeks back, I know this is a bit late but if anyone else gets stuck with a stripped thread :( using a really strong loctite and an Allen key left to cure in the stripped bolt. Once cured can be easily removed. Hope this helps someone.

I wish I'd become a member of this site a few weeks back, I know this is a bit late but if anyone else gets stuck with a stripped thread :( using a really strong loctite and an Allen key left to cure in the stripped bolt. Once cured can be easily removed. Hope this helps someone.
Good to know. I've had excellent luck (well only really had to do this once) by using a T5 screwdriver to grab what remained of the head. Steady pressure and a T5 got out my stripped T6 Juliet earstem screw. Only did that once because I followed X-man's advice and got a Wiha T6 driver after that little episode. That Wiha driver has not slipped or damaged any screws, no matter how stripped/crappy they were. Totally worth the $10 investment!

So I have a penny that I can't get the orbital screw to stay in. It's like the threads inside the frame have worn out. It seems like the screw isn't long enough. Do they make a longer orbital screw? Seems like the gap is larger then normal... Anyway it's frustrating!

So I have a penny that I can't get the orbital screw to stay in. It's like the threads inside the frame have worn out. It seems like the screw isn't long enough. Do they make a longer orbital screw? Seems like the gap is larger then normal... Anyway it's frustrating!

Did it work before, or did you get it this way? What changed?

Latest Posts

Back