• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Stripped T6 Screw Head

vctrku

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys. I come here embarrassed and with great regret that I have stripped the screw head of my Juliets as I was trying to change out my lenses for the first time. I used the screwdriver that came with the new lenses, and it seemingly did not match up, so I ended up stripping the screw head. I only came across the thread warning against the use of those cheap screwdrivers when I was searching for a solution.

Does anyone have any idea of how I can fix this and extract the damaged screw? I know replacement screws can be found online, but that would not do much good for me if the old one is still there. lol My dad has a special kit for extracting stripped screws, but it is meant for normal sized screws and would not fit in the space on the Juliets without damaging the frame. Is there anything like that for eyeglass screws that I can find easily to quickly extract the screw?

Thank you in advance for your help! I would really like to get these beloved frames back to working order.

Haha! I am SURE I am not looking for such a modification on my frames. Thanks for the suggestion though. lol
if all hell breaks loose..call the x-man..
I would really love to, but since I live in Canada, it would probably cost me my first born to send the frames down, and get them back with the exchange rate we are dealing with here. Haha!

Also, @kronin323 thank you for your advice! Even though it would cost me close to $90 CAD for the Micro Grabit after the exchange rate, shipping, and Canadian Amazon being inferior, I might need to bite the bullet here to fix this loved one.

it's the last resort though cause he recently found a way to do it..just sayin..so explore everything first to save those Julies..

Oh, x-man's been doing it for a while; he just recently offered to give a how to; actually I think that was a stripped orbital, instead of the screw, but either way we're still waiting for the post...

OP, you might want to try the less expensive tricks first, like using a quality Wiha T6, the rubber band trick, etc.

Latest Posts

Back