• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Stripped T6 Screw!!

im kinda thinkin of selling precision west german made T6 torx drivers for the forum guys $8.00 each,you shouldnt strip those out ANYMORE with a nice sharp hardened precision driver.

Got question quite related to the T6 thing, on the Juliet. How do you prevent the frame from getting scratched while removing the T6 orbital screws underneath? Place a piece or cloth? Masking tape?

Mine is a Moody jeweler grade T6 and it absolutely is a must have for T6 screws.
Saw the company website but where can you purchase this?

im kinda thinkin of selling precision west german made T6 torx drivers for the forum guys $12.00 each,you shouldnt strip those out ANYMORE with a nice sharp hardened precision driver.
Photos and/or link please?

I have the ones they use at Oakley, and I have yet to strip a screw with it, unless it has already been messed with of course. They use Wiha-SoftFinish 325 T6x60 drivers. I got it from an employee years ago...a pic from google is below. I have like 6 of them and they are solid as can be

wh325.jpg

Got question quite related to the T6 thing, on the Juliet. How do you prevent the frame from getting scratched while removing the T6 orbital screws underneath? Place a piece or cloth? Masking tape?

Saw the company website but where can you purchase this?
I usually make sure my desk is clean with no clutter that could possibly damage the lenses or frames. You may want to lay down a towel or something if it makes you feel more comfortable. Other than that, just be really careful and steady with the screwdriver and you should be fine. I also tend to make sure I put down the screwdriver before handling the frame any further to avoid having the screwdriver accidentally scratch anything.

As for the screwdriver itself, I think I may have gotten it off eBay. I can't remember exactly where I bought it but it was definitely online.

Thanks for the info on the screwdriver guys! Appreciate it! Might have to get a hold of one if I decide to get a X Metal frame in the future.

Btw, regarding scratching the frame... I meant while screwing out the T6.

I actually told an O-Store employee to change out my lenses from BI to VR28 Polarized but after a while I was told that my screw was stripped. I haven't really inspected it before so I don't really know if they stripped it or it was stripped when I got it. To add to that, the frame was scratched, my guess from friction of the turning of the screwdriver. I would suppose there is a perfect angle of being able to screw the T6 out without scratching the frame at all?

(Sold the Juliet already, frames, nose bridge and lenses were a perfect 10/10. Sold it because of the stripped screw and the scratches on the frame due to above) :tongue:

Back