• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Stripped T6 Screws

atrain

O-Forums Boss of Bosses
I was wondering if there is an easy way to remove Stripped screws in Xmetals. The Screws that came with my 24K XX were prety worn and I am replacing them, however one of them seems a little to stripped to take off. Any ideas??

I was wondering if there is an easy way to remove Stripped screws in Xmetals. The Screws that came with my 24K XX were prety worn and I am replacing them, however one of them seems a little to stripped to take off. Any ideas??

Try a brand new high quality torx driver.
If that doesn't work, go and get a bolt remover.

Try the flat blade and try and get some leverage. Closely inspect it do determine the best position, these screws are soft and now that its already stripped you may only have one chance. Once you secure a spot try and give it a bit of a punch in with a hammer to further secure it. Then attempt to get it out.

I ended up have to drill it, once I got a hole in it I was able to get a flat head and unscrew it.

yeah a flat scew can help, also a hex one, just try to see which size is the best to fit with a little of effort.

Back