• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Stripped Torx T6 Screw, Juliets

I guarantee you will be able to find a place that can take it out for you. I went to a small stall in our mall that changes batteries for watches. They were able to do it for 10 bucks. A jeweler can do it no problem.

I've done the same thing with those orbital screws before. You can try using a larger torx driver, like a T-7, or a small flat-head driver to see if you can get it loose.

tried a larger Torx screwdriver, tried a rubber band and even tried putting super glue on the point of the T6 screwdriver and letting it dry overnight and neither of those methods allowed me to loosen the screw,

I had the same thing happen. I followed X-man's advice and drilled out the head of the screw very slowly, carefully with a little oil until the head is gone. Then the orbital will come apart exposing enough of the screw to just grip with needle nose pliers and back out. It was very easy and I did not mess anything up on the frame. Just slow and steady and don't let the screw heat up to much. I went with 5-8 second bursts with time to cool down in between until it was gone. I started with a smaller bit to build a nice pocket in the screw head then slowly worked up to a larger bit to finish off the head. Careful inspecting progress along the way to make sure you are not drill through to the frame.

The bits you'll work with are pretty small and can break so don't try to apply too much force or it can snap and take a chunk out of your frame or lens.

I have done seveal by drilling off the head,run it under a tap whilst drilling or you will melt the gasket and lens.,then it will drip on your hand and remove some skin causing profuse swearing.

Back