• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Stuck In A Craigslist Paradox

David F

Oakley Expert
Southeast
I have been reading that some people have issues with others posting CL adds on the Oforum because maybe they are acting on that add and don't want others (like me who stumbled on something I can't afford) to add competition. But in the same respect I have also come to love this forum for the "hey look over here there is a a great deal" mentality and I want to support what I feel are the Oforums strongest attributes.... So... do I post this great listing? Do I tell people and possibly ruin someone else chances of making this happen? How do I determine if someone is already acting on this? I am an honorable person and would naturally take the backseat if I knew someone was working a deal but not everyone is like that... Any thoughts?

Either way its going to lead to b!tching. I hate when I have a deal in place, someone posts a link, there's more interest or all the sudden he's getting all the offers and a good deal just becomes a buy. I would say find people in that area and pm. I'm constantly texting people in other areas and they also do the same for me

You should keep it to your local deals. Don't live in Florida and post up deals from Texas. When I find great deals that I can not take up I talk to my local people first before putting it up on the forum.

Yeah, I was thinking that too, look for people in the area I found this in. Not everyone has their location marked. But I agree with you Dallas, either way someone will be unsatisfied... that's why its a paradox. Id like to make someones day but don't want to ruin someone else's LOL....

i bought my last 2 sets of X-metals from CL..both out of state,,one was my juliets from NC,, and my second set was pennys just 2 days ago from CA.
Sucky thing is i keep coming across these great deals,only this morning i saw a pair of superb juliets ( fire iridium lenses) on CL for $175.Id jump on them but as i said i just bought my pennys.

Back