• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Suggestion: Rules on erasing the asking price after item has been SOLD

Dennis Panlilio

I should Work at Oakley
Manila, Philippines
Hey everyone! I'd like to suggest if we can append the rules of the Oakley Exchange Section for the OP to not erase the asking price of the item they've sold. This way we can have a record of how much the item was sold so we can all have some sort of a guide as to what the current market price of any given item at that particular frame in time. I believe this would be very useful for members...both sellers and buyers trying to find out how much an item is currently worth and how much the item was worth in the past.

I don't believe that there is any harm in retaining the asking price of the item be sold in the exchange section as it was already put up for sale in a public setting. Retaining the price will only be used for reference purposes.

Just my 2 cents. Please let me know if this makes any sense. Thanks.

DENNIS

This has been brought up before, and even somewhat recently. People nerd raged over it so nothing came of it.

This has been brought up before, and even somewhat recently. People nerd raged over it so nothing came of it.
There isn't an official index for any items for sale ...

While this has beaten like a 2 dollar whore, a price is a price ... Just because I sold a Juliet for 1.89$ doesn't mean you should ...

If you really want to know a price, either PM the seller or ask in he Official thread!

While this has beaten like a 2 dollar whore, a price is a price ... Just because I sold a Juliet for 1.89$ doesn't mean you should ...
If you really want to know a price, either PM the seller or ask in he Official thread!

Yes of course. Definitely, I'd really suggest contacting the seller personally if you have any questions...that is if the seller is stil active. The suggestion is just for reference for record purposes. Let's say someone previously posted a Shadow Bob Torso for Sale. It's rare that it ever goes for sale...but someone did before and the price was erased after it has been sold. Since it is an old thread and it is possible the member is no longer active...it would be useful reference to still see in that old thread how much the item was.

This is also why I upload photos when referring to an item being discussed in a certain thread. Sometimes members put links to photos which may later get deactivated. So when you open an old thread, the photos in discussion are no longer available for viewing. I try to upload the photos on the forums server to benefit future members and to future proof that the photos will be there for everyone to see even if the thread is like 5 years old :)

PM The seller is best

Often times the listed price is not the selling price
So just because it was listed for oh say $1000.00 and was sold, dosent mean thats what its worth

Only the seller and buyer know what the actual price was

And leaving an inflated price on the board may give the false impression of value as well
I have seen many a pair on here advertised at or above E bay prices.
They didnt sell at the value , So leavening that unrealistic price could be detrimental to all

Hey everyone! I'd like to suggest if we can append the rules of the Oakley Exchange Section for the OP to not erase the asking price of the item they've sold. This way we can have a record of how much the item was sold so we can all have some sort of a guide as to what the current market price of any given item at that particular frame in time. I believe this would be very useful for members...both sellers and buyers trying to find out how much an item is currently worth and how much the item was worth in the past.

I don't believe that there is any harm in retaining the asking price of the item be sold in the exchange section as it was already put up for sale in a public setting. Retaining the price will only be used for reference purposes.

Just my 2 cents. Please let me know if this makes any sense. Thanks.

DENNIS

Yeah that's been beaten to death time and time again. I agree it'd be better to leave them, but there's reasons why one may choose not to and should have the choice to do so. Here's a recent thread debating the topic, starting with a post where I play devil's advocate:

Removal of prices in exchange threads | Page 3 | Oakley Forum

Please PM me the name and number of that 2 dollar whore

Thanks ...

Please PM me the name and number of that 2 dollar whore

Thanks ...

Not $2, $20...
tn_7894.jpg

Back