• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Suggestions For 4.0?

Regarding the uploading of pictures. If you could allow for the posting of pictures from a user album in our user profile it would make things easier for a lot of the members. They could upload to their profile. Have an option in my albums to edit / rotate pics. Then they could attach to posts like "what Oakley's are you wearing today?" directly from their profile page. This would also allow users to upload pics from their pc's to their profile and attach them to these posts without having to go through a photo sharing site or with a url. Just a suggestion.
Too much work

Since first pm is not being followed by most sellers and there are a lot of complaints posted from buyers on the wts thread, why not allow the seller only to post on his wts thread.

If buyer wants them then just pm the seller. It is up to the seller who he wants to sell it if several pms are received.

If multiple items are being sold, it is sellers responsibility to update his thread. If item is sold, seller shall lock the created thread.

If item not sold. Seller can bump them.

I agree with @i am rich. Sale threads are usually the most controversial and can be avoided if conversation is not allowed. Why not just remove replys? Only sellers can post on wts and wtt threads. All other communication must be done via pm. That would also clean up the recent posts feed!

Post limit in certain subforums, like the Welcome/Intro forum. I detest seeing seven "new guy from..." threads bumped by the same person saying, "welcome!" clogging up New Posts.

3 posts per day. Please.

Post limit in certain subforums, like the Welcome/Intro forum. I detest seeing seven "new guy from..." threads bumped by the same person saying, "welcome!" clogging up New Posts.

3 posts per day. Please.
New people is a good thing. I don't know why you'd want to limit how many new people can post intro threads or how many members can welcome them to the forum. That's part of running a forum and why there's a spot specific for new people to post intros.

I think a feature to unsubscribe from a thread might be an idea that doesn't limit anyone but can have a nice benefit to members.

Say any thread can be "unsubscribed" from it appearing in your New Post feed again. You see it pop up once enter the thread, and have an option to remove/unsubscribe or whatever.

It would also help with WTS or WTB ads that get a lot of bumps that keep populating the New Post feed in which the user has no interest in interacting.

New people is a good thing. I don't know why you'd want to limit how many new people can post intro threads or how many members can welcome them to the forum. That's part of running a forum and why there's a spot specific for new people to post intros.

I think a feature to unsubscribe from a thread might be an idea that doesn't limit anyone but can have a nice benefit to members.

Say any thread can be "unsubscribed" from it appearing in your New Post feed again. You see it pop up once enter the thread, and have an option to remove/unsubscribe or whatever.

It would also help with WTS or WTB ads that get a lot of bumps that keep populating the New Post feed in which the user has no interest in interacting.

Neither of those two. I want to limit how many welcome posts a single user can make in a day. Bumping 5+ welcome threads in a row is a waste of time, space, and effort.

How about bringing clubs back?

This is something i have gone back and forth with. I may leave it on the back burner for now, and approach it again in a few months.

how about bringing the total number of transactions done by the member as trading stats and not the "100%" rating only in the exchange areas...

The issue with this is, if I have had 10 transactions, 8 positive, 1 neutral, and 1 negative, then what number do you display? Do you display only positive, because then people may not see that I had a negative experience, same issue with displaying 10. The percentage, allows you to instantly know if every transaction they have been involved in is positive. Beyond that, if you click on the percentage, it will bring you to their trading profile, and show how many transaction they have been in, and the feedback for each. Though I may play with adding the number next to the percentage in the next update.

How about having more then 10 posts per page.

Do to the way the threads are coded, and how they reference the database, this is impossible.

Regarding the uploading of pictures. If you could allow for the posting of pictures from a user album in our user profile it would make things easier for a lot of the members. They could upload to their profile. Have an option in my albums to edit / rotate pics. Then they could attach to posts like "what Oakley's are you wearing today?" directly from their profile page. This would also allow users to upload pics from their pc's to their profile and attach them to these posts without having to go through a photo sharing site or with a url. Just a suggestion.

As @qtrain23 said, this is a lot of work. But the real reason we don't allow everyone to just upload on the site, is because of how server intensive and therefore expensive it is. I've bounced around the idea a million times, but hosting images uses a ton of disk space, bandwidth and server resources, all of which can cost a lot of money when you are talking about the size of this forum, and amount of pictures. Thats why we offer it as an added benefit for premium members, they are helping pay for some of the servers, so in return they can upload directly to it.

More trophies!
Just added a bunch more.

I agree with @i am rich. Sale threads are usually the most controversial and can be avoided if conversation is not allowed. Why not just remove replys? Only sellers can post on wts and wtt threads. All other communication must be done via pm. That would also clean up the recent posts feed!

I'm not sure how i feel about this. I can see the logic behind it, but doesn't it also defeat the purpose of a forum? I understand threads can get off topic, but a forum is about interaction between members. Also, people do have questions about items, and instead of 10 people PM'ing the member the same question, he can answer them in the open thread.

3 posts per day. Please.

I agree with @Rustpot on this one, the Intro section allows new members to say hi, and see how friendly we are, outside of a discussion/exchange thread which can get heated. I don't really agree with limiting how many welcomes to can say, though I do see some value in the "unsubscribe" feature Rust mentioned. I may look into this, and see what it would involve to code.

Neither of those two. I want to limit how many welcome posts a single user can make in a day. Bumping 5+ welcome threads in a row is a waste of time, space, and effort.

Rustpots solution, would eliminate you from having to see these in the "New Posts" area. So unless you navigate into the intro's section, they wouldn't necessarily bother you.

Latest Posts

Back