• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Suggestions For 4.0?

I disagree. In my mind it helps keep a time stamp and history of who is interested and when they contacted the OP.

True, but the seller has no obligation to follow it and nothing is done if the time stamp was not followed. Only the seller really knows the order of the PM's received. I have seen this become an argument in exchange threads as well. So I agree with the comment that the "PM sent" serves no real purpose. Eliminate conversations in the exchange threads- eliminate the majority of all unfriendly interactions...

I disagree. In my mind it helps keep a time stamp and history of who is interested and when they contacted the OP.

If a thread pops up and I see 5 people PM him in the first half hour I can be pretty certain it's sold.

Additionally, asking questions to help clarify details on the item should be open. Trades accepted, condition details, etc.

True, the "PM sent" does serve a purpose, but not a vital purpose IMO. Yet allowing anybody to post continues to cause problems now and then, and mod work to clean it up.

And yes, I agree the answers to questions are of value to the general forum. But there's no reason the OP can't update his listing to include them, especially if he's asked the same thing repeatedly. It might even train them over time to do a better job with their initial listing in the first place to cut down the item detail questions later. And the aforementioned idea of some sort of listing form or template could also encourage better detailed initial listings.

True, the "PM sent" does serve a purpose, but not a vital purpose IMO. Yet allowing anybody to post continues to cause problems now and then, and mod work to clean it up.

And yes, I agree the answers to questions are of value to the general forum. But there's no reason the OP can't update his listing to include them, especially if he's asked the same thing repeatedly. It might even train them over time to do a better job with their initial listing in the first place to cut down the item detail questions later. And the aforementioned idea of some sort of listing form or template could also encourage better detailed initial listings.

I would definitely agree, when the op sells something he should have a clear description of what he is selling, allot of people chime on just to say GLWS or sorry don't have the funds right now, just to add a post to their count. Which really doesn't help the seller at all. PM sent gives you a time stamp, but couldn't there be a way of acknowledging without having to write a message. Like a button to push integrated in the wts thread to acknowledge to the rest of the forum that they have been pm'd or like the poles, have boxes for the seller to keep checked, still available, sold, or pending offer, something to that nature.

Isn't there a limit to how long after the OP you can edit the post? That's why I suggested letting people post, but making those posts invisible to all but the OP and mods. That way even if you can't edit the OP at least the updated information would be at the start of the thread for all but the OP.

Latest Posts

Back