1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. BAPD77

BAPD77 Oakley Expert Premium Member

I have a single wide, two countertop displays and a cube, i have tried the puck style battery operated lights nbd they dont work well. Any suggestions on what to use for sufficient lighting with these case? Thanks in advance!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Brettc10

Brettc10 Oakley Expert

I have made a top for my 2 towers and I found the under cabinet Kitchen lighting (Not LED, they are not strong enough) works very well. Yours has the milk plex piece correct? Do not lay the lights on that piece since it will melt it. I went for the 2 light halogen light you can get at any Home Depot or Lowes.
    Hey the 2 counter top displays are they the alum. ones with 2 shelves? If so would you trade one? I have the rare oakley medicine cabinet that I may trade.

3. FearGearGarage

FearGearGarage Oakley Collector

I have often wondered this myself BAPD...

My initial thought would be for a shallow halogen bucket lamp, I know I have seen 2" versions before and I thought to myself that they would fit...

4. BAPD77

BAPD77 Oakley Expert Premium Member

Ill look into it. Brett im not interested in trading. Only the cube is an authentic oakley diplY. I tried for years ti get authentic but theyres none locally here in oklahoma. No one will ship reasonably so i wound up with nice third party stuff.

5. Brettc10

Brettc10 Oakley Expert

OK cool, no problem.
    That must be a hard area to come across Oakley displays in your area. Glad you got that cube. I have 2 myself and love them.
    Just watch out since those lights can get really hot. They need area to vent the heat.
    Like i said i made a top for my towers with a vent area in the back so i would not lose any light plus it stays cool and does not heat up. Good Luck with your DIY project.

6. Oakley Ron

Oakley Ron Oakley Expert

im not sure what they are called. I do remember that i got a puck style with dc plug at Ikea when i bought my two cases. They were 10-12 bucks a piece. They work well and attached with double sided tape.

7. BigDaddy_O

BigDaddy_O Oakley Beginner

I found a really cool undercabinet led light bar at lowes for my doublewide case for like $40.00.Works great and is plenty bright.Brand name is Ultitech and is 18 inches long.And it shines threw the milky Oakley plexi they use on top of there cases .

8. stevan5150

stevan5150 Oakley Enthusiast

This is what I just installed in my display. They come with a remote and I currently have the colors changing slowly every 2 seconds . It adds so much to the look of the glasses ! Solid red looks freaking sick in person but doesn't pick up well in a picture.
    Suggestions For Display Case Lighting - 83a66586.jpg

Sorry for blown out lighting
    Suggestions For Display Case Lighting - 2a50e925.jpg

9. XTREME-O

XTREME-O Oakley Beginner

mine look like the above I got them from IKEA i also have the puck lights that change as well..

10. Unknowndoom

Unknowndoom Oakley Beginner

led light strips are what my company always uses when we make cases, you can get pretty fancy with them as well and wiring them up is simple to both batteries and to a wall outlet