• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Suggestions For New Design - Oakley Forum 4.0?

I wouldnt know... Guys again, I think their is a big misunderstanding... let me try to clear this up.

I dont care, I have no strong feelings, one way or the other as to what section it should go in. I am simply asking if a ruling was made... thats all!!!!

Is there anything wrong with that???

I wouldnt know... Guys again, I think their is a big misunderstanding... let me try to clear this up.

I dont care, I have no strong feelings, one way or the other as to what section it should go in. I am simply asking if a ruling was made... thats all!!!!

Is there anything wrong with that???

Dude I'm just playing with you man...

Though I stand by my point... :D

My suggestion: having threads more than, say 18 months old, auto lock and be read only. Only the OP can unlock and update the thread.

This would avoid necro posts and have newer members (who willingly choose not to read post date stamps) welcome old and inactive members as brand new members.

How about separate settings whether or not to automatically watch a thread when you create it and when you reply to an existing thread? I'm always having to unwatch the "What are you wearing..." thread because otherwise it sends the notifications mad!

How about separate settings whether or not to automatically watch a thread when you create it and when you reply to an existing thread? I'm always having to unwatch the "What are you wearing..." thread because otherwise it sends the notifications mad!
I think that's a thing. I don't mess with anything and have no watched threads

I think that's a thing. I don't mess with anything and have no watched threads
Yep, in preferences you can turn off auto watching for both threads you create and reply to, but I'd find it useful if the settings for own threads and replied to threads were separate so I would auto-watch my own threads but would have to opt in manually to watch threads I just reply to.

When you create a new thread, isn't there an option at the bottom on whether or not you want to watch it? So you could just turn off the autowatch in preferences yet make sure the "watch thread" is selected when creating your own?

I would like to see some more flexibility to search parameters but I don't know if that qualifies as "design"...

Anything specific you are looking for?

Definitely like the idea of making it configurable for features. I will explore this further. And I will work on the cursor :)

I mentioned this in another thread - there's a "newer than" date filter but it'd be nice to have "older than" and "between" filters, too.

It started when I was looking to see how many posts I'd made in a particular thread and I ran into the 200 result max wall. Removing that max would do the trick but instead those additional date filters can let you get the same data (do additional search(es) with an "older than" filter based on the oldest post of the earlier 200 results) while also accommodating additional use cases. Such as:

- You're trying to dig up some really old post you once stumbled across before but don't remember enough details to use other filters to narrow the results (older than).

- You're trying to dig up an old post that you vaguely remember the general time period in which it was made (between).

Another suggestion for search functionality - could there be a filter option to only include results that have pictures in them?

Earlier today I was trying to find some pics I had seen showing real and fake Juliets side-by-side in the same pic. I eventually found them but it took a long, long time. Having been able to only get search results that included pictures would have greatly narrowed the results...

Back