• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Suggestions For Traveling With A Bunch Of Sunglasses

Whats the pick and pluck foam, where on the pelican website can find it. Is there a way to get them to cut foam in rectangles?

There are 2 companies I have ordered from. One is pelican and the other is seahorse. They both make these ypes of cases, and the seahorse company is less expensive. Pick and pluck foam allows you to pick out "cubes" of foam and design you own fit. Similar to large professional camera cases.

Pelican Case 1450 with Foam - Black from Pelican-Case.com

If you review the attached link you will see that the foam is removed so the item can have a custom fit.

So i have the goggle array case for when i want to take a lot of Oakley's away with me but I'm thinking what other way is a good way to take just a few pairs? I'm thinking is the universal soft goggle case a good idea? Looks like you could fit a few pair in there?

If anyone has one of these cases could you stick a few pairs of shades in your goggles case see how many you can safely fit in it?

Thanks Jay

So i have the goggle array case for when i want to take a lot of Oakley's away with me but I'm thinking what other way is a good way to take just a few pairs? I'm thinking is the universal soft goggle case a good idea? Looks like you could fit a few pair in there?

If anyone has one of these cases could you stick a few pairs of shades in your goggles case see how many you can safely fit in it?

Thanks Jay

Will try to snap a picture for u tomorrow. Microbag+glasses yea?
The arraycase, if not mistaken they r discontinued. Could i still get it anywhere?

Yes please microbag and glasses. Yeah your right it has been discontinued but i managed to get one that was new with tags off the bay for £25 i think so now to bad

5B5615C8-CD6C-4C45-9763-2D922E0B9030-11141-000004B686A905BD_zps9007b2d6.jpg

7C29847F-BF8D-4B63-8B50-81169E9F5A8E-11141-000004B67EF39644_zps8281e98e.jpg

There u go, sorry not very ideal pics, but u shud get the idea.
In there ive packed in 3 frogskins, 1 mars, 2 juliets, 1 subzero. i guess u can still fit in 2-3 more :)

if by chance the custom in the airport notice them with that number of sunglasses, will they accept the collector reasoning? just asking

if by chance the custom in the airport notice them with that number of sunglasses, will they accept the collector reasoning? just asking
If customs notice them you'll probably be asked to prove if you bought them here before you left the UK or be asked to pay the import duty and then the VAT irrespective of the reason you are bringing them here.

If customs notice them you'll probably be asked to prove if you bought them here before you left the UK or be asked to pay the import duty and then the VAT irrespective of the reason you are bringing them here.

will it be better then to ship them via courier with insurance?

Latest Posts

Back