• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Suggestions

noreturn

Oakley Beginner
So for awhile now i have been wanting to get the oakley holbrooks and i just keep backing myself out because of the cost. (im 16 so money is kinda a issue). anyways its about winter and i found a decent price for 120shipped nib. Then my mom mentioned i should just wait because who needs sunglasses in the winter and then she said they might come out with a new verison or something.

So now my questions are:
Where is the cheapest to buy holbrooks? (us based)
Would u buy them now or wait until winter was almost over?
What is the possibility of them coming out with a new verison?

Typed from andoid phone.

To answer your last question first, there are regularly new releases coming out and a new batch of HB's are due out in October this year.
If you decide to wait for up and coming releases, you may dip out on a good deal that is currently in place. The new styles may not be what you're after... or then again they may. This is a call you need to make as everyone's preferences are different.
Try surfing the Oakley Vault online for deals on pairs that they are trying to clear out. Quite a number of forum members have come across some good deals.

Where is the cheapest to buy holbrooks? (us based) Your Nearest Oakley Vault if you have one by you probably has a pair in the Discount Display, also the oakley vault website.
Would u buy them now or wait until winter was almost over? I would buy now...but then again i buy anything Oakley if its a good price , plus its still sunny in winter =)
What is the possibility of them coming out with a new verison? A new Holbrook version is probably pretty unlikely as they have a new sean white signature series that was just released i believe ( they have it on the vault for $105 BTW)

My Oppinion... also
If the up and coming October 2013 Holbrook releases are the following:
  • 9102-50 Matte Black w/ Emerald Iridium
  • 9102-51 Matte Black w/ Ruby Iridium Polarized
  • 9102-52 Matte Black w/ Ice Iridium Polarized

Last edited:
As far as not wearing sunglasses in the winter that is false. It's just as essential to wear sunglasses in the winter as summer. Any decent sunglasses will protect your eyes from UVA and UVB rays from the sun. Think about it, the sun still rises in the winter; at-least in the majority of the world. And the sun can been even more threatening in the winter when there is snow, causing " Snowblindness" aka photokeratitis.

So I am looking for the matte clear with a colored lens like blue/ruby red/or something that just flows together good.. Any links to anything like that?

So I am looking for the matte clear with a colored lens like blue/ruby red/or something that just flows together good.. Any links to anything like that?

Matte clear with Ruby was only offered at sunglass hut and was discontinued about 2 years ago

Since matte clear is not a customizable frame option for the Holbrook, your only other option would be the Matte Clear w/ 24K Polarized. This retails for $200 though, so it might be tough to find it for that $120 price you are at for the other pair you have already tracked down.

your best bet is to look for one of the more "generic" or "vanilla" pairs on the exchange section here or on ebay.. if you want brand new, the vault is the place for you. the matte black/grey and the matte black/ + red should be easy to find. theres tons available, even from oakley.com for $120.00 and free shipping. and for what its worth, winter sun can actually be more harmful than summer sun.

Ya so I think from what I can tell I definitely like the ones with the see through frames a little bit more. Decided I rather just spend the little bit extra and just get the ones I want.. What ones do you guys think look best w/ the see through frames?

Latest Posts

Back