• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sunglass Hut Exclusives CANNOT Be Exchanged Or Refunded, NO Box, ISSUES!

I agree it just depends on who you talk to. I have made friends with 4-5 SGH stores in the general area and all of them, well most of them will bend over backwards to help. Its not corporate wide, just seems where you are at.

Yeah something is fishy. I worked at Hut for 10 years and being "exclusive" should have no bearing on the return policy. I still work with them and know that they can take anything back. That being said I do also know there are managers out there who will do ANYTHING to not take a return. (I was never one of those, customer service was always priority #1)

Was the 2nd store in the same mall?

If it gets to that point I agree that you should get the Regional Manager involved and that should solve the problem.

Yeah something is fishy. I worked at Hut for 10 years and being "exclusive" should have no bearing on the return policy. I still work with them and know that they can take anything back. That being said I do also know there are managers out there who will do ANYTHING to not take a return. (I was never one of those, customer service was always priority #1)

Was the 2nd store in the same mall?

If it gets to that point I agree that you should get the Regional Manager involved and that should solve the problem.

Agree with Jared, this all sounds really strange. They didn't open the box and show your the product before you left the store? They are supposed to do this with every transaction and even clean the lenses before they sell them to you.

Either way, exclusive status has NO bearing on return policy. What is the specific location of the store?

Agree with Jared, this all sounds really strange. They didn't open the box and show your the product before you left the store? They are supposed to do this with every transaction and even clean the lenses before they sell them to you.

Either way, exclusive status has NO bearing on return policy. What is the specific location of the store?

Just connected that this was an online purchase. We are reaching out to the eComm team and will have an answer for you shortly...

Just connected that this was an online purchase. We are reaching out to the eComm team and will have an answer for you shortly...

These SGH's were in a pretty stuffy high end malls both very close to each other. I even showed the ladies at the stores the receipt back which states the refund policy. She was over her head/ she called the manager and I talked to him and he said No, we cant take refunds on exclusives....hung up....then I asked wanted to exchange them..."Sorry,they cant exchange them as no exchanges on exclusives". I was thinking about the Jupiter Lite but oh shi^, not for another exclusive so she directed me to a SGH down the street. Went their and they were total BITC%S. She snapped the arm on the frame and said it was fine but did not notice the piece totally cracked off and even worse now..She said "here, super glue would works good if you have problems".... Got an attitude that was breath-taking. One was kinda nice but the other was Satan and calling the shots in the store. I got home and threw them in the box, and just ordered another pair. I wanted to wait for a refund but these are selling quick and will be gone for sure

Both were Fashion Valley Mall, next to Armani, Bloomingdale's, Coach, very dapper if you know what I mean.

Maybe it was the time of day, bad luck, or a double wammy, but come on. Another thing,,,,I handed them over totally mint with the arm hanging off which I did not even want to touch. She just yanks the stem off and start rolling here thumb nail over those beautiful OO polarized lenses like a dog scratching it ear to get the sticker off. I almost grabbed them from her she was so rough....

I seriously doubt that. Go to SGH again and ask for the store manager right off the bat. Then talk and ask about exchanging. Or you can even print out a detailed copy of their return/exchange policy and point out that it doesn't exclude exclusives.

You should also ask for the district managers phone number, that always changes their attitude real quick.

Well, I wish that was my story........ Instead, I am writing about policy of SGH's on this forum and my pretty awkward situation.

It seems like SGH is pretty good to its customers...... well....excluding me. I understand things get messed up unintentionally and I am a very reasonable guy. But, damaged glasses, no returns, and rudeness to boot. This was just a trifecta that had me slamming my car door in frustration in the parking lot.

Oh, I went there excited and I wanted to buy the positive red Holbrook or maybe the Jupiter Lite.. I walked in the door and was like oh snap....The Jupiter Lites are way nicer than I thought. My first thought was that I should have just went to a SGH first instead of ordering. Maybe this is why I came home so butt-hurt when things started to go south hence what me write about it.

i avoid SGH and always have...despite their assimilation of O they are still especially rude about Oakley product..despite the si only selection I found patriot Outfitters and some of teh SI stores to be great and a model of what a company can be...I know they are smaller but they actually checked the physical stock on something while I was on the phone which Oakley cant even do cuz its a mile up the road..Oakley is still great with the right helper..I had a local SGH person RIP the boxes up in front of me rather than give to me because its "policy-no boxes" I couldnt even say anything mean or sarcastic because I was so stunned-and wife was with me...has to be a SGH classic.

Most if not all SGH's pitch the boxes it is a take up too much room thing. They do keep boxes for ones that come with case and extra lens. I bought a pair of Crankcase's from them and asked if I could get box for it next time the restock pair came in. I talked to the right people. They said another store at another mall had the box for me (on phone) so went to other store and got box. Got lucky then just happen to talk to staff that wanted to help and wanted my return business.Also one of the stores that I went back to ,was there with GF shopping gave my a dispatch box. I dont have the glasses but do have a box.

Latest Posts

Back