• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sunglasses hut didn't ship a box!!!

stoudty1

Oakley Expert
PA
Placed an order from Sunglasses Hut for my first pair of x metals. Was excited to get them and see what they are about. Package was delivered and as I open it, I see a plastic bag with a brown microfiber bag inside it. Inside the microfiber bag is my pair of x metals. They are brand new with tags, but no Oakley box or coin. I called Sunglasses Hut and the rep knew absolutely nothing about this. Was unaware that Oakleys came in a box. Also said that Oakley doesn't do boxes and they ony do microfiber bags. Wouldnt transfer me to a manager. Left my name and number for them to call me back.

What kind of national retailer would send something that is not a complete set. For me, having the box is almost as important as the glasses. I'm assuming these are supposed to come with the coin too, but I am not 100% sure. Sunglasses Hut keeps sending me coupons but I will be sure to not shop there again. Hopefully I hear back from them soon and we can get this resolved.

Yeah...I went to purchase a pair from them when they had a super sale on some pairs, but when I checked out I noticed they didn't have any box, bag or anything really. They just handed me the pair with paperwork and a receipt. I was dumbfounded in all honesty, and asked for a bag and box. They looked at me like I was crazy, and I just walked out. No need to pay for something I'm not happy with. The Juliet's do come with a box and coin, which is one of the major reasons people pay such a high price for them. They are worth a lot more with them. I still don't have a BNIB Juliet, but I hope that'll change!

That's insane! Might explain why so many people, particularly on eBay, sell them new without box and coin tho!?

For the price you pay for them, I'd get a refund and buy a pair that does come with the box and coin!

Yea I don't got to Sunglass hut for nothing. All the pairs they have are the ones people touch and get their fingerprints all over them. The two I have bought from there didn't have boxes and now that I am a collector I regret buying from them.

I was in a SGH over the holidays. I noticed a guy buying a pair. So I watched as the salesperson went into a large slide out draw, and go through a white box without a lid. In that box was numerous pairs of Oakley's in clear plastic slide bags. Not even a microfiber bag!!!!! They were all jambed together. Now here is a question I have, because most members have asked this when calling SGH about specifc pairs.. Some members have gone into SGH and called regarding Split Jackets and Jaw Bones... Because these employees have NO CLUE what is going on, they sell just the pair without the extra lenses, the case, the nano pen, or the cleaning cloth. If you ask them about it,, they say this is the way we get them. I say BS, that is wrong and they should be scrutinized on the spot and Oakley should be notified. Either they are doing this on purpose to customers, or they get them from Oakley this way which is wrong, or they are truly clueless.....

So it seems like am not the only one having issues with them. The employees have no clue about anything. When I said I was missing the box, she thought that I received an empty box without sunglasses. Hoping to hear from them tomorrow to get this resolved.

I would return them and just order from Oakley directly. I refuse to go to Sunglass hut unless it's for a Sunglass hut exclusive then I don't have a choice.

Back