• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sunglasses That Need To Go Away

If you could whisper into Jim's ear, which sunglasses would you tell him to discontinue?

• Gas Cans

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • Oil Rigs

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • M-Frames

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Frogskins

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • M-Frames(I cannot emphasize the need for them to go away enough)

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Other(please specify in your comments)

Votes: 6 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have to say that that Breadbox has to go! There are some boring stuff out there, but that is the worst.
I Agree.

A customer came into the store looking for "those Oakleys that look like Ray-Bans".

It turned out that he meant Breadboxes.

I voted for everything except M-Frames. :D They killed the Frogskin line with the mainstreaming again and flooding the line-up with "exclusives" to the point there isn't really anything exclusive about them. As far as line-up I don't really care for: Big Taco, Scalpel, Breadbox. Garagerock and PItbull to name a couple. Not that I haven't seen some of these pairs that look good, but overall I think their efforts could have been spent elsewhere.

As a big-headed guy, I like the Pit Bull and Scalpel as they are lifestyle type glasses with unobtanium, which there aren't many options for. I've got one pair of Scalpel's and like them a lot. Have tried on Pit Bull's and they fit great as well, just waiting for the right option to buy to come along.

The fact that Breadboxes and some of the other less than stellar recent releases exist don't keep me up at night so I could care less if they stay or go. It would just be nice to see something fresh or exciting come out of 1 Icon in the near future.

And aren't M frames a staple of law enforcement and the military? For a garbage frame, they are doing pretty good for themselves.

The fact that Breadboxes and some of the other less than stellar recent releases exist don't keep me up at night so I could care less if they stay or go. It would just be nice to see something fresh or exciting come out of 1 Icon in the near future.

And aren't M frames a staple of law enforcement and the military? For a garbage frame, they are doing pretty good for themselves.
As well as every major sport capable of allowing/utilizing sunglasses at any time in the last 20 years until the release of the Radar happened. But who's counting...;)

Personally the newer styles don't bother me, some people like it some don't, to each their own, and the way I look at it, it's still a pair of Oakleys, plus times have changed, trends have changed, ownership has changed, it is what it is.

Back