• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Surf Decks

i would imagine that the paint probably wears pretty quickly where the hinges are. i wonder if the skate decks will eventually become very rare to find in good condition because of this. i may have to stop wearing mine to preserve them. but still, thats very disappointing..either way, we kind of get screwed. either the skate decks were rushed and are not going to stand the test of time, or Oakley is over complicating the issues and now the surf decks are a no-go. i imagine thats a definite cancel for the snow decks too..

still looking for a pair of garage rocks to trade for.

i would imagine that the paint probably wears pretty quickly where the hinges are. i wonder if the skate decks will eventually become very rare to find in good condition because of this. i may have to stop wearing mine to preserve them. but still, thats very disappointing..either way, we kind of get screwed. either the skate decks were rushed and are not going to stand the test of time, or Oakley is over complicating the issues and now the surf decks are a no-go. i imagine thats a definite cancel for the snow decks too..

still looking for a pair of garage rocks to trade for.

Doesn't have to do with paint coming off, it has to do with the paints extra layers causing the hinges to come off

you mean causing the stems to pop off the little nubs on the hinges? weird..

Mine do this - very easily. Thus I don't wear them that often.. I'd still like a pair of Surf- and Snowdeck though.. I don't mind that minor fault.

Back