1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. discodave

discodave Go Navy!

Since I've had my carbon blades I've always wished that the ice would have come with a polished carbon fiber frame instead of matte.

So I swapped out the lenses and rubbers on my ice and titanium pairs for the look I wanted.

I also painted the O logos, blue on the ice pair (since the polished frames had a black O, and a copper color on the other pair to match the titanium lenses.

Looks great to me!

Swapped Parts Out On Carbon Blades - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408295366.759779.jpg
    Swapped Parts Out On Carbon Blades - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408295394.275261.jpg
    Swapped Parts Out On Carbon Blades - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408295421.010819.jpg
    Swapped Parts Out On Carbon Blades - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408295450.299283.jpg
    Swapped Parts Out On Carbon Blades - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408295482.382895.jpg
    Swapped Parts Out On Carbon Blades - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408295500.202522.jpg
    Swapped Parts Out On Carbon Blades - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408295529.189007.jpg

STavros, Mdgustaf, DJ Sass and 3 others like this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. NUMBER 2

NUMBER 2 Oakley Collector

The ice looks great on the polished frame. Nice work!

3. thisguy

thisguy Oakley Expert

4. discodave

discodave Go Navy!

Thanks! On the earstems.... They look like they're permanent but if you pull on them the rubber pieces slide through, leaving a hole in the earstem. When putting the rubber pieces back in you just push them in and they fill the hole.

5. thisguy

thisguy Oakley Expert

Ah ok thanks. I didn't think they would just be 'sitting' in the middle of the frame like that. I guess that's something else I can ask oakley about getting an extra pair along with the ferrari lenses.

6. discodave

discodave Go Navy!

It really is a good and tight fit. They would never just come out on their own.

7. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

man you can't just keep anything as-is!

Both combos were a real improvement though. Cool stuff.

8. discodave

discodave Go Navy!

Never!

9. reggavegga

reggavegga Oakley Expert

This could be the new Moto GP carbon blades.

10. GH4AU

GH4AU Carbon Fanatic Premium Member

That looks good @discodave. I attempted to disassemble mine completely in order to do the same thing. I wanted blue on a polished frame. However, those damn pins that are pressed into the frame just weren't going to come out. I didn't want to paint my icons, so I left them alone. I like that polished/blue though, and may reconsider painting mine.