• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Swapped Parts Out On Carbon Blades

discodave

Go Navy!
Since I've had my carbon blades I've always wished that the ice would have come with a polished carbon fiber frame instead of matte.

So I swapped out the lenses and rubbers on my ice and titanium pairs for the look I wanted.

I also painted the O logos, blue on the ice pair (since the polished frames had a black O, and a copper color on the other pair to match the titanium lenses.

Looks great to me!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408295366.759779.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408295394.275261.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408295421.010819.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408295450.299283.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408295482.382895.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408295500.202522.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408295529.189007.jpg

Thanks! On the earstems.... They look like they're permanent but if you pull on them the rubber pieces slide through, leaving a hole in the earstem. When putting the rubber pieces back in you just push them in and they fill the hole.
Ah ok thanks. I didn't think they would just be 'sitting' in the middle of the frame like that. I guess that's something else I can ask oakley about getting an extra pair along with the ferrari lenses.

Ah ok thanks. I didn't think they would just be 'sitting' in the middle of the frame like that. I guess that's something else I can ask oakley about getting an extra pair along with the ferrari lenses.

It really is a good and tight fit. They would never just come out on their own.

man you can't just keep anything as-is!

Both combos were a real improvement though. Cool stuff.

That looks good @discodave. I attempted to disassemble mine completely in order to do the same thing. I wanted blue on a polished frame. However, those damn pins that are pressed into the frame just weren't going to come out. I didn't want to paint my icons, so I left them alone. I like that polished/blue though, and may reconsider painting mine.

Back