• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Swimming in my Holbrooks, goodbye Holbrooks

Slow_Buffalo

Oakley Enthusiast
After a few beers at the beach last weekend I was feeling incredibly relaxed and decided to go for a swim wearing my well-used Holbrooks. The lenses were already pretty beat so I wasn't too worried, but I didn't anticipate a wave ripping them right off my head. Unfortunately, that's exactly what happened...

I immediately dove under but couldn't see anything, I felt em brush up against my leg about 3 seconds later and immediately went under to look again. I must have spent 20 minutes doing the shuffle out there trying to run into them again, but they were gone.

I'm sure they'll wash up eventually and someone will have an authentically worn out Oakley frame. Meanwhile I'm having to daily-wear a pair of freaking Mars, people look at me like I'm from Mars which will take a bit of getting used to. It'll be nice to adapt and not give a **** about weird stares in the long run.

that sucks man. i have a pair of beater holbrooks i use at work i would probably use at the beach. i have been meaning to get some rope thingies for them for those type of activities. even if they are beaters it sucks when you loose them like that.

It's been brought up before but it could be worse! A member a few years back lost a carbon c six in a lake... So bright side :)

After a few beers at the beach last weekend I was feeling incredibly relaxed and decided to go for a swim wearing my well-used Holbrooks. The lenses were already pretty beat so I wasn't too worried, but I didn't anticipate a wave ripping them right off my head. Unfortunately, that's exactly what happened...

I immediately dove under but couldn't see anything, I felt em brush up against my leg about 3 seconds later and immediately went under to look again. I must have spent 20 minutes doing the shuffle out there trying to run into them again, but they were gone.

I'm sure they'll wash up eventually and someone will have an authentically worn out Oakley frame. Meanwhile I'm having to daily-wear a pair of freaking Mars, people look at me like I'm from Mars which will take a bit of getting used to. It'll be nice to adapt and not give a **** about weird stares in the long run.

I have the exact same story, only with a pair of Juliets... :(

That sucks.

I grabbed the floaty tube that the dive shop sold to put on my square wire 2.0's when i used to seadoo incase they ever fell off. Problem is the glasses were too heavy that you couldnt see the damn things floating in the lake unless you were right on top of them. So not the most practicle thing but i cut a water noodle about an inch thick and fed the tube thru that first then to the arms. And boom could actually see them floating :)

I'll be honest I appreciate the Holbrooks more now that they are gone. Swapping out my black iridium lenses for mirrored orange or something would have been sick. At least I didn't lose a pair worth $$$ like some of you guys. @kronin323 I'm surprised a pair of Juliets would fall off in that situation, but I guess if the wave hits you at the right angle anything can happen.

If you don't like wearing the Mars I'll trade you my holbrooks for your mars. :lol: But for real sorry the wave took them!

Back