• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Switching XS lenses

I remember the first time I swapped out a Penny lens. That was a job and a half I'll tell you, and not having much of a clue trying to fit brand new VR28 BIP's :shock::headbang:

wait till you swap lenses on neXt metals... do it with too much force and they snap...

thankfully traditional x metals can take on some serious man-handling on the orbital without permanent damage

wait till you swap lenses on neXt metals... do it with too much force and they snap...

thankfully traditional x metals can take on some serious man-handling on the orbital without permanent damage

Actually I found swapping lenses on the neXt-metals to be quite easy, if you do it right - instead of trying to flex the aluminum like you would an x-metal, do it this way...

Remove both screws joining the orbital to the nosebridge, not just the lower screw. Then rotate the nosebridge out from the top towards the front, the lower contact point being the pivot point. The lens will pop right out as the nosebridge separates.

I discovered that by accident while swapping o-matter parts between a couple of pairs; the goal was to remove the nosebridge and I found the lenses came out very easily as part of the process...

Last edited:
Back