• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

T Shox on Ti Romeo

drifter

Oakley Beginner
I'm looking at a Ti (Bone ?) Romeo 1.

It has Root beer ear socks, but black T shox.

Is this how it would have supplied by Oakley ?

Any advice much appreciated.

supposed to be rootbeer shocks. sometimes hard to tell if they rootbeer if installed. put em up against a good light source to be sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oakley Romeo 1 Titanium Gold Iridium Tom Cruise MI 2 Low Serial Matched Display | eBay
Looks pretty black. I think.

Kind of pricey to, but they are very nice and I'm feeling the pull.

I guess Root beer T shox are as rare as hens teeth ?

Thanks for your help

Rootbeer t shox always had a habit of looking black no matter what XMetal frame they are in. Unless you pulled them off the frame and held them up to the light seeing the difference was very difficult. Finding a pair is not so difficult depending on the size. I have seen 15 and 25 sell for 9-15 a pair on the bay. My biggest issue with rootbeer xmetal unobtainium is it never held up very well.

Rootbeer t shox always had a habit of looking black no matter what XMetal frame they are in. Unless you pulled them off the frame and held them up to the light seeing the difference was very difficult. Finding a pair is not so difficult depending on the size. I have seen 15 and 25 sell for 9-15 a pair on the bay. My biggest issue with rootbeer xmetal unobtainium is it never held up very well.

If RB T Shox they're fairly easy to get, I'd probably get some just to get the sunnies the way they should be.

Just got to make up my mind on shelling out over $800 for them. 35 minutes to go :)

Thanks for advice

Just got to make up my mind on shelling out over $800 for them. 35 minutes to go :)

Thanks for advice

did you get them? i've never seen a ti with such a low serial - i thought that serials under 10k were x-metal finish (aka jordans).

did you get them? i've never seen a ti with such a low serial - i thought that serials under 10k were x-metal finish (aka jordans).

I didn't get them. I put in a bid, but they were pretty close to my limit price wise.

I'm probably being too picky but I'd really want something a little closer to perfection for that kind of cash.

I'll keep scanning the exchange forum and hope :)

I have a three digit plasma XXX9XX with matching box just FYI. I am not sure if they reset the SN for the xmetals though. so:

jordan to xmetal 0001 to 9999 to 010000 to 999999 (theoretically)
then ti 000001 to 999999 to 000001A to 999999A
same as ti for plasma. (hypothetically)