• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

T Wire - Very 1st Titanium Oakley.....?

Yeah, it seems a lot of vintage Oakley sunglasses sellers don't know what the name of their sunglasses are. I had my favorite Oakleys, Whisker style. I had every color of Walleva brand lens & loved them. I take great care of my "man toys" but a simple accident & I no longer have my whiskers. I didn't think I'd buy another pair so I sold the lenses. Now I'm looking for a different style but it's important to me that I can easily find lenses. The Juliets are the easiest lenses to find. If I hadn't already bought a 45 Ruger sr1911 Commander & a 40 Baby Desert Eagle this month, I'd spend The $600-$800 & just get em, I've wanted them since I was a kid. But my wife would murder me if she found out I spent that much on sunglasses especially after she's been so cool about my pistol purchases lately.

Sorry guys, I need help 1 more time. These are Oakley A Wire but when I search lenses, all I find are A Wire "Thick" compatible. The seller has no idea what I'm talking about so I was hoping you guys could help me once more. Are these "Thick"? Are they in fact vintage A Wire? If they aren't Thick & are A Wire, any suggestions where to find new lenses? View attachment 447335 View attachment 447336 View attachment 447338
Square wire 2.0 however beware there are 2 common types , spring hinge and non spring hinge aftermarket lenses on ebay a lot . There was also a 30mm version (slightly more eye coverage for release in Australia) and a Ti version . If you want to learn more about Wires go to O Review and look at the Data Base very useful guide.

Postman dropped these off this morning :D First generation Oakley T Wire :)

Got them for less than the cost of a round of beers!

View attachment 22424
Hello WC,

do you still have the e-wires? I lost mine in the airport a couple of years ago, and I have missed them immensely since. I'd pay you a pretty penny for them if they are still in good condition.

Thanks,
Michael

Postman dropped these off this morning :D

View attachment 22423

First generation Oakley T Wire :)

Got them for less than the cost of a round of beers!

Put them on the scales and they weigh in at 18g!!

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe them to be the very first titanium offering from Oakley?

View attachment 22424

They retailed for about £150 back in 1995!!

View attachment 22425

View attachment 22426

They need a good clean!!

View attachment 22427

Very happy! A bargain for sure..... :D

View attachment 22428
Awesome! They need a good scrub with some soft dish soap and toothbrush.

Hello WC,

do you still have the e-wires? I lost mine in the airport a couple of years ago, and I have missed them immensely since. I'd pay you a pretty penny for them if they are still in good condition.

Thanks,
Michael
Yeah I can certainly sort you out with a pair of e wire 👍🏼
Soon as you have about 15 posts you can private message I think. Or you could just google me 👌🏻

I love it when old posts are dug up well I would wouldn't I being more of a vintage collector suppose you can call the early days vintage now as time is marching on . Interesting that since the not worth anything comment was made they seem to have gone up a bit as people are now bothering to try and fathom out which are which and collect them. As always condition and lens quality are factors but there are still some deals even boxed. Just like diff gens of x metals there were gens of wire models but this is real expert territory couldn't be bothered with that. I have all the wire models and t issues till end 2006 and wouldn't want to go through that again ha !

Yeah, it seems a lot of vintage Oakley sunglasses sellers don't know what the name of their sunglasses are. I had my favorite Oakleys, Whisker style. I had every color of Walleva brand lens & loved them. I take great care of my "man toys" but a simple accident & I no longer have my whiskers. I didn't think I'd buy another pair so I sold the lenses. Now I'm looking for a different style but it's important to me that I can easily find lenses. The Juliets are the easiest lenses to find. If I hadn't already bought a 45 Ruger sr1911 Commander & a 40 Baby Desert Eagle this month, I'd spend The $600-$800 & just get em, I've wanted them since I was a kid. But my wife would murder me if she found out I spent that much on sunglasses especially after she's been so cool about my pistol purchases lately.
Great choices I had variants of those two models back in the day although people used the vacate the the indoor range when the eagle came out don't really blame them. Hope your still enjoying them and the sport.

Back