• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tailend... cannot decide!!!

I would have gone for Fire because I think that looks the best of the choices but, as far as round frames go, I already have Fire in Madman and OTT (as well as Ruby in Mars and Madman) so I went with Ice for more variety.

These being non-polar, Ice has a lower light trans % of 10% compared to 16% for Fire (the polar versions are much closer, 9% and 10% respectively, but polar isn't an option for Tailend).

Ice has a neutral grey base tint, just makes things less bright. Fire has a greenish-amber base tint. Being contrast, it technically is in the same group as VR28BIP but they look quite different; VR28 is a warm, reddish-brown tint.

Here's a couple of pics of the Ice Tailend being worn:

What Oakleys Are You Wearing Today?? | Page 3348 | Oakley Forum

What Oakleys Are You Wearing Today?? | Page 3387 | Oakley Forum

I picked up the Daily Prizm. The lenses are insanely easy to remove. I can't wait for replacement lenses to become available to try other colors.

Thank you kronin323, with your pics I now have a better idea of how they look from the outside

Stunning like Fire, i was thinking they were more discrete, but maybe it's the kind of frame that get them to stand out

Probably, now it'll be harder :D

Let me se which colors I wear the most...

I don't think I've seen anybody post a "real" pic of Fire Tailends (being worn or not) on the forum yet so please do so when you get them...

I found a real picture from an Italian shop (where I bought them now), when I saw that they have some red/green, it was done ;)

ibfndj.jpg

Really? How?

At the Nose-bridge, there's a little hook holding the lens in. The lens has nothing keeping it from bowing outward, so you just lightly pull the lens away from the nose bridge (I.E. Toward the temple) and it unhooks. Then just wiggle it out of the temple hook. Once you get comfortable with it it's super quick.

Back