1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Super excited to get these. So excited I used buy-it-now, I couldn't bare to let anyone snipe me on getting one of the last two checkmarks for my M Frame collection goal! I'm even excited enough to post about it before I have them.

Take Baseball Off The List, Just 1 Left To Complete A BIG Collection Goal! - F12021BB-F155-42E1-B7C4-879452D49598-19627-0000153E6732516E_zpsd735e064.jpg

Frame styles:
    Gen 1
    Gen 2
    Pro
    New
    Slash Gen 1
    Slash Gen 2
    Magnesium
    Baseball

Lens styles:
    Heater
    Strike
    Hybrid
    Sweep
    Hybrid S
    Hybrid Gen 1
    V
    Slash

Strip

I'm slowly building to try and get every frame color and lens color.... but that's more of an excuse to buy things rather than a real goal.

marc2040 and thisguy like this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Brett28

Brett28 Here's my money, thanks

Nice, I own 0 m frames but love the look on most people and do like the coverage they provide.

3. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Buy it all....just buy IT ALL! Congrats on getting that off your list. :)

4. atrain

atrain O-Forums Boss of Bosses

I thought you didn't like the recent purchases threads ;-). Good pickup.

5. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

:headbang::lol:

6. Rustpot

I don't.

Looking at the top posts in this section though, we've got some good threads running. Copper MM, Stpl brooks, my haul with a Romeo, this MONUMENTOUS step in my collection, crossing off every type of M Frame (as far as I know I'm the only one with every type of M frame [notice the lower case f to denote frames of M Frames]), and some other stuff in there.

The keen observer will notice my thread for "the small stuff" is getting some good utilization. It still bugs me a little bit when people make a thread that says "just ordered a pair, they'll be here next week" and that's IT. I mean COME ON. Are you excited at all?! Great, you just ordered a pair of glasses... I've now wasted my time reading your **** thread about how you bought something. No pictures, no relevance, no excitement, no updates to how this effects their collection, their goals, nothing about how this will look good with X or be soooo much better for doing Y.... nope.

If we had a collected "new purchases" thread, like we have a "what are you wearing" thread I'd be game, and I'd have no problem with people posting "I just got new earsocks for my Juliet! See, before they were X Metal with black on black, NOW they're X Metal with black on black... but with clean rubber!" because people can engage and toss out compliments, or breeze right by it. But some people deem something like that worthy of a thread. And post whores just pop in and say "cool pair" and it's just a ******* useless pile of worthless posts. No discussion, no comments, no review of aftermarket rubber, no expounding on the nature of the rubber and how it interacts with the earstems.... empty.

And now look what you've done, you've got me rambling and looking like a complete as*hole. Thanks.

7. atrain

atrain O-Forums Boss of Bosses

Lmao sorry I couldn't help it :). I don't mske those threads often but stirring the pot....yeah couldnt help it hehe

8. freakface

freakface Oakley Collector

PUN much? lol

9. marc2040

marc2040 Guest

Congrats on your latest purchasse.
    I know there was a thread with a pic of the Strip lens, but I couldn't find it.
    Could you please upload a pic here?!

10. Rustpot

Got the frame, dropped in a spare gold lens

Take Baseball Off The List, Just 1 Left To Complete A BIG Collection Goal! - 8D543B84-F8F0-4110-A2D1-0101F856920E-23763-000019D2101C04D2_zps699831e7.jpg

Here you go, marc
    Take Baseball Off The List, Just 1 Left To Complete A BIG Collection Goal! - 4918765239_6ee2603c0d_z.jpg

marc2040 likes this.