• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Take Baseball Off The List, Just 1 Left To Complete A BIG Collection Goal!

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
Super excited to get these. So excited I used buy-it-now, I couldn't bare to let anyone snipe me on getting one of the last two checkmarks for my M Frame collection goal! I'm even excited enough to post about it before I have them.

F12021BB-F155-42E1-B7C4-879452D49598-19627-0000153E6732516E_zpsd735e064.jpg

Frame styles:
Gen 1
Gen 2
Pro
New
Slash Gen 1
Slash Gen 2
Magnesium
Baseball

Lens styles:
Heater
Strike
Hybrid
Sweep
Hybrid S
Hybrid Gen 1
V
Slash

Strip

I'm slowly building to try and get every frame color and lens color.... but that's more of an excuse to buy things rather than a real goal.

I thought you didn't like the recent purchases threads ;-). Good pickup.
I don't.

Looking at the top posts in this section though, we've got some good threads running. Copper MM, Stpl brooks, my haul with a Romeo, this MONUMENTOUS step in my collection, crossing off every type of M Frame (as far as I know I'm the only one with every type of M frame [notice the lower case f to denote frames of M Frames]), and some other stuff in there.

The keen observer will notice my thread for "the small stuff" is getting some good utilization. It still bugs me a little bit when people make a thread that says "just ordered a pair, they'll be here next week" and that's IT. I mean COME ON. Are you excited at all?! Great, you just ordered a pair of glasses... I've now wasted my time reading your **** thread about how you bought something. No pictures, no relevance, no excitement, no updates to how this effects their collection, their goals, nothing about how this will look good with X or be soooo much better for doing Y.... nope.

If we had a collected "new purchases" thread, like we have a "what are you wearing" thread I'd be game, and I'd have no problem with people posting "I just got new earsocks for my Juliet! See, before they were X Metal with black on black, NOW they're X Metal with black on black... but with clean rubber!" because people can engage and toss out compliments, or breeze right by it. But some people deem something like that worthy of a thread. And post whores just pop in and say "cool pair" and it's just a ******* useless pile of worthless posts. No discussion, no comments, no review of aftermarket rubber, no expounding on the nature of the rubber and how it interacts with the earstems.... empty.

And now look what you've done, you've got me rambling and looking like a complete as*hole. Thanks.

I don't.

Looking at the top posts in this section though, we've got some good threads running. Copper MM, Stpl brooks, my haul with a Romeo, this MONUMENTOUS step in my collection, crossing off every type of M Frame (as far as I know I'm the only one with every type of M frame [notice the lower case f to denote frames of M Frames]), and some other stuff in there.

The keen observer will notice my thread for "the small stuff" is getting some good utilization. It still bugs me a little bit when people make a thread that says "just ordered a pair, they'll be here next week" and that's IT. I mean COME ON. Are you excited at all?! Great, you just ordered a pair of glasses... I've now wasted my time reading your **** thread about how you bought something. No pictures, no relevance, no excitement, no updates to how this effects their collection, their goals, nothing about how this will look good with X or be soooo much better for doing Y.... nope.

If we had a collected "new purchases" thread, like we have a "what are you wearing" thread I'd be game, and I'd have no problem with people posting "I just got new earsocks for my Juliet! See, before they were X Metal with black on black, NOW they're X Metal with black on black... but with clean rubber!" because people can engage and toss out compliments, or breeze right by it. But some people deem something like that worthy of a thread. And post whores just pop in and say "cool pair" and it's just a ******* useless pile of worthless posts. No discussion, no comments, no review of aftermarket rubber, no expounding on the nature of the rubber and how it interacts with the earstems.... empty.

And now look what you've done, you've got me rambling and looking like a complete as*hole. Thanks.

Lmao sorry I couldn't help it :). I don't mske those threads often but stirring the pot....yeah couldnt help it hehe

Super excited to get these. So excited I used buy-it-now, I couldn't bare to let anyone snipe me on getting one of the last two checkmarks for my M Frame collection goal! I'm even excited enough to post about it before I have them.

Frame styles:
Gen 1
Gen 2
Pro
New
Slash Gen 1
Slash Gen 2
Magnesium
Baseball

Lens styles:
Heater
Strike
Hybrid
Sweep
Hybrid S
Hybrid Gen 1
V
Slash

Strip

I'm slowly building to try and get every frame color and lens color.... but that's more of an excuse to buy things rather than a real goal.

Congrats on your latest purchasse.
I know there was a thread with a pic of the Strip lens, but I couldn't find it.
Could you please upload a pic here?!

Got the frame, dropped in a spare gold lens

8D543B84-F8F0-4110-A2D1-0101F856920E-23763-000019D2101C04D2_zps699831e7.jpg

Here you go, marc
4918765239_6ee2603c0d_z.jpg

Back