• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Taking A Break From Purchases...

Here's the problem with "taking a break" - a pair might come up for sale that you want, and if you don't get it, you'll be searching for another two years for it. It's a better use of time to just buy it when you see it.

But this does not apply to those who are content with their collections at that moment.

Also, if you are taking a break, by definition you should not be looking out for possible purchases.
Therefore, if you don't see it, you won't know about it, and if you are content, then you won't want it anyway.

On the positive side, I did chuckle at the phrase "It's a better use of time to just buy it when you see it" - like it's a task instead of a pleasure.

But this does not apply to those who are content with their collections at that moment.

Also, if you are taking a break, by definition you should not be looking out for possible purchases.
Therefore, if you don't see it, you won't know about it, and if you are content, then you won't want it anyway.

On the positive side, I did chuckle at the phrase "It's a better use of time to just buy it when you see it" - like it's a task instead of a pleasure.

haha or justifying the action? i know I'd use it rofl.

I suppose there is some leaniancy. I just think impulse purchase are going to stop. Working in a coffee shop I tend to carry a lot of cash. So it's easy to whip out 100 bucks for another pair. But yeah. I have some things I still want. Troy lee eyepatch 2 comes to mind. :wink:

I only buy one of two pairs; NewFrogs for my collection of those, and pairs that fit, which is a small niche that NewFrogs are a subset of.

I finished buying pairs to just buy them and widen the collection. Thinking of downsizing a few pairs a few pairs, but it seems like everyone is selling right now so I'm holding out.

I only buy one of two pairs; NewFrogs for my collection of those, and pairs that fit, which is a small niche that NewFrogs are a subset of.

I finished buying pairs to just buy them and widen the collection. Thinking of downsizing a few pairs a few pairs, but it seems like everyone is selling right now so I'm holding out.

good call. and yeh newfrogs are pretty uncommon, got pics?

and you know where to come to if youve got a line on any more vintage zeros mate =)

Back