• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Taking A Step Into The X-Metal Juliet Realm...

oakleyJ

Oakley Enthusiast
Hi All -

Been reading here for awhile which has helped greatly in what I think would be a good fit for me.. the Juliet.
Really set on the carbon frame with no real preference and type of lens (yet). Local offerings are extremly scarce if ever, so actual fitting cant be done and purchase would need to be online. Would $550 for a brand new inbox carbon, black iridium (nonpolarized) be about right or too much?

thanks

I would say too much for non-polarized. Carbon is probably the least popular frame. You can get a Ducati for that price (Carbon frame, red earsocks and t-shocks, 'Ducati' etched on the lenses).

$550 is pretty premium priced. I'd say $450 max, especially for non-polar. Shoot for $350; original retail for carbon / BI was $300.

eBay is overpriced. Hang around for a couple of weeks and keep posting and you can buy on the forum exchange.

thanks for the quick replies and info so far folks - goes to show how awesome this community is.
yea, I think I will hold off for now. Been drawn to the carbon because of the darker color since I have never seen the actual X-Metal color in person.

thanks for the quick replies and info so far folks - goes to show how awesome this community is.
yea, I think I will hold off for now. Been drawn to the carbon because of the darker color since I have never seen the actual X-Metal color in person.

Carbon is a great place to start. Everyone needs a basic black plus it is a great back drop for the colored lenses. All the colored lenses pop on the carbon frame. I am running my violet IH lenses in my carbon frames right now.

Back